New 100litre boiler

A place for general discussion
Forum rules
Remember! Be NICE!!!
Northern Stiller
Valued Member / Donated to SS

New 100litre boiler

Post by Northern Stiller » Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:45 pm

Just wanted to share I've just bought a new 100litre boiler off AliExpress distillarus store I have the same 55litre boiler and have been so pleased with it. Couldn't resist at this price even after the shipping.

Now I'll have to get round to getting the power to my garage upgraded.

Did want the steam jacketed one but that will have to wait.

£202.38 | 100L(26Gal) Multifunction Boiler, Mash Tank, Brew tank, Distillery tank stainless steel 304
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/bICpRpQC

Lee

If this is in the wrong section please move
Deja pooh. I've seen this shit before :chart_with_downwards_trend:

EchoSevenNine

Re: New 100litre boiler

Post by EchoSevenNine » Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:20 pm

Distillarus stuff seems hard to beat for the money to be fair.
Something... something inspiring and Signature related.

phantom

Post by phantom » Sat Jul 13, 2019 9:50 am

Quality? don't know, but a good size boiler (presume you have to fit your own heating element?).

Plus the pic seems to show a ferrule/flange already built into the lid. So that should be helpful, just a case of sorting the column etc, and you're off.....

Well done on finding it.

Northern Stiller

Post by Northern Stiller » Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:34 pm

Thanks ES9 and phantom

I already have the 55 litre version I can assure you that the quality is very good I already have all the extras so just need a larger boiler there is a 2inch triclamp fitting at the bottom of the boiler for heating element ( shame only one 2 would have been better) and the base can be used on an induction hob as well as 4 X 1/2 BSP ports.

Already got silicone gaskets changed to PTFE on triclamps will wrap the lid silicone gasket with gas tape maybe adding some other bits to save on shipping and I'll keep you all informed on import duties expecting about £50 but for a solid 100l boiler ready to plug and play I'm over the moon.

Lee

Mash

Post by Mash » Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:59 am

Very good value.
Stand on Induction fit control and add an element on a separate ring main as a booster. Nice.

Well done good find.
To Gin-finity and beyond !

Easydrinker
Admin/Donated to SS

Post by Easydrinker » Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:13 pm

Northern Stiller wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:45 pm
Just wanted to share I've just bought a new 100litre boiler off AliExpress distillarus store I have the same 55litre boiler and have been so pleased with it. Couldn't resist at this price even after the shipping.

Now I'll have to get round to getting the power to my garage upgraded.

Did want the steam jacketed one but that will have to wait.

£202.38 | 100L(26Gal) Multifunction Boiler, Mash Tank, Brew tank, Distillery tank stainless steel 304
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/bICpRpQC

Lee

If this is in the wrong section please move
I have to ask the question, is it so that you can distill less frequently, or make more?
My 25 litre boiler serves me well, I dread to think how much I may drink with a larger still!

Robert.
There is no ONE way.
"Everyone's happy. Everyone's smiling. No-One here is sad anymore" :D

phantom

Post by phantom » Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:22 am

Easydrinker wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:13 pm
I have to ask the question, is it so that you can distill less frequently, or make more?
My 25 litre boiler serves me well, I dread to think how much I may drink with a larger still!

Robert.
Hum? valid point. I didn't have any idea myself when I got the milk can off I.F. - I "think" the idea was to get a bubble plate column for it, so it expanded my understanding and knowledge of the process.

I'm still contemplating a plated column, but that'd still work as I can always take out the plates completely and fill the actual column sections with SPP so it will do neutral as per my normal...........

In fact, I could just as easily get or build the column bits for both, then I can do larger flavoured batches as a pot, as well as flavoured or sugar wash via the plates or SPP - definitely a :idea: moment......

Mash

Post by Mash » Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:50 pm

That's a very good question ED. also depends on whether it's 100l to the brim or 100l working capacity.

With just a few accessories, that tank does lend its self to a 1 pot system. Possible 3-4 gallons per run.

Mash in it (inc pumping) - Lift the grain out - chill it - ferment - rack back in - pop the column on & still.

If you added the grain father controller or an ALVA you could automate an amount of that as well.
To Gin-finity and beyond !

Northern Stiller

Post by Northern Stiller » Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:31 pm

Hi guys

I intend to use as a stripping boiler I ferment in 120litre barrels so should be the perfect size. It's all about saving time for me and I'm trying to get a good store of neutral for MRs Stiller as I find the longer it rests the better it gets.

I also intend to use as the boiler in a thumper set up I have done some all grains but I'm fed up with all the squeezing and mess in the summer I am also working on my garden it's 200m2 and on a hill so lots of work and don't have much spare time so anything that helps with that is worth it.

I hear you mash on making an all in one pot I have considered on my 50litre exactly the same but smaller I have a false bottom for it tried to gelatinize corn but made a right mess now mainly use micronized flaked grains now just easier.

I have asked for a price on this and waiting for lily at distillarus to get back to me think it will be good.

£89.21 | Punching holes basket for malt. AISI 304 . Beer making, Home beverage
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/blFrjFcU

Won't fit the 100litre boiler but perfect for smaller one. And would certainly help with making an all in one.

All I need know is to get my electrics sorted the garage is only on a 13 amp spur (I know buts it's what I inherited ) got a spare 40amp circuit from old shower.

Lee

Easydrinker
Admin/Donated to SS

Post by Easydrinker » Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:27 am

I must agree that a little aging improves most things.
Mrs.Stiller sounds like the first lady that I have heard of that could out-drink me, but I am all in favour of making every "making" session as short and sweet as can be. :)
It is good to read of the different approaches that people follow.

Robert.
There is no ONE way.
"Everyone's happy. Everyone's smiling. No-One here is sad anymore" :D