StillSmart Home distillation made easy! 2018-08-08T05:04:22+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/feed.php?f=3&t=4923 2018-08-08T05:04:22+00:00 2018-08-08T05:04:22+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4923&p=49443#p49443 <![CDATA[Re: Heads (you win) & Tails (I lose)]]> When I was looking at conversions a few years ago there were a couple of main options.

Straight Veg Oil (SVO) that used a heater in the fuel tank to reduce the viscosity, and blending SVO with a small quantity of diesel to again reduce the viscosity.

Interesting stuff. What really offended me was that with the SVO option you were supposed to notify the men in suits of the quantity of veg oil used and they then gave you a tax bill to make it the same price as the diesel. Failure to do so was classed as tax evasion.

Statistics: Posted by Myles — Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:04 am


]]>
2018-08-08T04:54:17+00:00 2018-08-08T04:54:17+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4923&p=49442#p49442 <![CDATA[Re: Heads (you win) & Tails (I lose)]]> 60% Low Wines : 40% Feints.

This uses up a bit of the feints. If you keep running that blend, then over time the volume of feints produced tends to stabilize.

You can try doing a spirit run just with feints diluted to 30%. I never bothered because I used to run my accumulated feints through a 2" packed column. That was to produce a near neutral base spirit that was used for other infused products.

Statistics: Posted by Myles — Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:54 am


]]>
2018-08-07T23:07:16+00:00 2018-08-07T23:07:16+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4923&p=49441#p49441 <![CDATA[Re: Heads (you win) & Tails (I lose)]]> It seems a waste to chuck it but add up the cost in running the still and time to get such a little return. I base this on my still as it runs well, maybe you will have more to recycle.
I now seperate strong smelling heads and tails from feint smelling and only recycle the feints, I don't run the feints seperately just chuck them in with a vodka run.

The old deisels will run on lots of fuels, check your pump as some are more picky but a low pressure Bosch will pump most things with out complaining.
Think about used thin oils, oil isnt always used for burning, it has other uses.

Statistics: Posted by Maker — Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:07 pm


]]>
2018-08-07T20:11:33+00:00 2018-08-07T20:11:33+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4923&p=49439#p49439 <![CDATA[Re: Heads (you win) & Tails (I lose)]]> Statistics: Posted by Mickrick — Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:11 pm


]]>
2018-07-05T12:37:57+00:00 2018-07-05T12:37:57+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4923&p=49213#p49213 <![CDATA[Re: Heads (you win) & Tails (I lose)]]> ;D . In the winter I mix 60/40 with deisel and rarely have a problem. The Maker was bang on the money though. Modern deisels, especially common rail engines it's a no no. Unfortunately my dear Mazda is gradually rotting to bits and I'll soon have to bin it for a newer van. I'll miss it :(

Statistics: Posted by Klunk — Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:37 pm


]]>
2018-06-29T06:12:47+00:00 2018-06-29T06:12:47+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4923&p=49056#p49056 <![CDATA[Re: Heads (you win) & Tails (I lose)]]>
The trouble is they have pissed about with Alfred original design...............Not sure he invented the ECU ;D

Statistics: Posted by Mash — Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:12 am


]]>
2018-06-28T22:51:37+00:00 2018-06-28T22:51:37+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4923&p=49050#p49050 <![CDATA[Re: Heads (you win) & Tails (I lose)]]> When Alfred Diesel designed the engine, he hadn't settled upon a fuel, and was considering crushed coal...
Might need to shake the car a few times in the mornings to mix things up? :D

Robert.

Statistics: Posted by Easydrinker — Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:51 pm


]]>
2018-06-28T06:18:53+00:00 2018-06-28T06:18:53+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4923&p=49041#p49041 <![CDATA[Re: Heads (you win) & Tails (I lose)]]>
I blew 2 fuel pumps and numberous filter. There veg oil makes ANY moisture into mayonnaise and bins the filter real quick.

Don't!

Statistics: Posted by Mash — Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:18 am


]]>
2018-06-27T22:13:47+00:00 2018-06-27T22:13:47+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4923&p=49039#p49039 <![CDATA[Re: Heads (you win) & Tails (I lose)]]> Statistics: Posted by Maker — Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:13 pm


]]>
2018-06-27T21:50:06+00:00 2018-06-27T21:50:06+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4923&p=49037#p49037 <![CDATA[Re: Heads (you win) & Tails (I lose)]]> Those days seem to have come around again....
Will my later model turbo charged car engine be able to eat the same as it's predecessors ?
Let's see.

Robert.

Statistics: Posted by Easydrinker — Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:50 pm


]]>
2018-06-27T12:05:23+00:00 2018-06-27T12:05:23+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4923&p=49031#p49031 <![CDATA[Re: Heads (you win) & Tails (I lose)]]>

Statistics: Posted by Mash — Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:05 pm


]]>
2018-06-27T11:39:42+00:00 2018-06-27T11:39:42+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4923&p=49030#p49030 <![CDATA[Re: Heads (you win) & Tails (I lose)]]>

Statistics: Posted by gaza the instructor — Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:39 am


]]>
2018-06-27T09:28:13+00:00 2018-06-27T09:28:13+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4923&p=49029#p49029 <![CDATA[Re: Heads (you win) & Tails (I lose)]]> Statistics: Posted by Mash — Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:28 am


]]>
2018-06-26T23:19:05+00:00 2018-06-26T23:19:05+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4923&p=49022#p49022 <![CDATA[Re: Heads (you win) & Tails (I lose)]]> I still stand by the idea of using junk booze as fuel as a good idea, if you could collect all your supplies this way it would be very eco hippy acceptable, I got a C50 moped (Honda...) to run on ouzo once, not very well but it ran.

Statistics: Posted by Maker — Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:19 pm


]]>
2018-06-27T09:26:38+00:00 2018-06-26T22:39:17+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4923&p=49020#p49020 <![CDATA[Re: Heads (you win) & Tails (I lose)]]> "What have you been drinking!!"

Statistics: Posted by Mash — Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:39 pm


]]>