StillSmart Home distillation made easy! 2015-10-02T10:42:45+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/feed.php?f=10&t=3688 2015-10-02T10:42:45+00:00 2015-10-02T10:42:45+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3688&p=28474#p28474 <![CDATA[Re: Brew #3 It's Pelforth Day.]]>

Filled it with grain...pressed ok..it's not filling the malt pipe thinks me...Image when I looked down between the malt pipe and the inside wall of the boiler I could see the water bubbling out at one point.

Now this, as far as I know shouldn't do this....then I remembered reading about making sure that the malt pipe sits in correct, and also to look out for the fitting inside down the right hand side...that it can sit on this and not seal.

This had to be the problem....Image what do I do now..only one thing for it, I drained the water into a bucket....the malt pipe into another bucket....fitted the malt pipe back in making sure that it sat flat.

Pour the water back in...added the grin bill and started her off again...hey presto running like a dream.

Image Lesson 1 learnt ;D ;D

Statistics: Posted by Icefever — Fri Oct 02, 2015 10:42 am


]]>
2015-10-01T11:41:43+00:00 2015-10-01T11:41:43+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3688&p=28456#p28456 <![CDATA[Brew #3 It's Pelforth Day.]]>
Now I have the BM I'm expecting a brilliant day....I've done my starter.

Helping to cool it down to pitch temp.
Image

All done, yeast now in and the flask is on the stir plate.

Image

Statistics: Posted by Icefever — Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:41 am


]]>