StillSmart Home distillation made easy! 2016-01-31T06:28:21+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/feed.php?f=15&t=2918 2016-01-31T06:28:21+00:00 2016-01-31T06:28:21+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2918&p=30773#p30773 <![CDATA[Re: New "Boka" with alternative condenser.]]>
just sayin' wrote:
I know this is an old post but this is the first time I have seen you design,



JS..

I've just taken a look at JJ's profile and he's not logged on the forum since Thu May 29, 2014 9:19 pm...it's a pity we would liked to have seen more.

He joined...Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:29 am
last post...Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:12 am

He popped in until May 29...and that was that.

Statistics: Posted by Icefever — Sun Jan 31, 2016 6:28 am


]]>
2016-01-30T21:14:13+00:00 2016-01-30T21:14:13+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2918&p=30751#p30751 <![CDATA[Re: New "Boka" with alternative condenser.]]>
Just Sayin'

Statistics: Posted by just sayin' — Sat Jan 30, 2016 9:14 pm


]]>
2014-02-26T17:51:06+00:00 2014-02-26T17:51:06+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2918&p=18743#p18743 <![CDATA[Re: New "Boka" with alternative condenser.]]>
Luckshot.

Statistics: Posted by Luckyshot — Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:51 pm


]]>
2014-02-26T17:32:47+00:00 2014-02-26T17:32:47+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2918&p=18742#p18742 <![CDATA[Re: New "Boka" with alternative condenser.]]>
YHT, are you running very late into the tails? I'm surprised you're getting s smelly condenser coil. I always pour a kettle full of boiling water down the column as soon as I turn the boiler off, gets rid of everything.

Statistics: Posted by Jolly John — Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:32 pm


]]>
2014-02-26T17:02:09+00:00 2014-02-26T17:02:09+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2918&p=18741#p18741 <![CDATA[Re: New "Boka" with alternative condenser.]]> :D

Statistics: Posted by Icefever — Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:02 pm


]]>
2014-02-26T15:49:37+00:00 2014-02-26T15:49:37+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2918&p=18737#p18737 <![CDATA[Re: New "Boka" with alternative condenser.]]>
You beat me to it!

I really enjoyed making my coiled condenser, but after a few runs it smells awful. Yes I can clean it by soaking but I would rather have a smooth internal / external surface of a tube to wipe down.

I have thought about a concentric design quite a lot and now having seen yours, my mind is now made up, thank you!!

Yours looks very neat and efficient, I hope mine will turn out as nicely.

All I need to do is finish this contract and get back to my shed.

Statistics: Posted by YHB — Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:49 pm


]]>
2014-02-26T12:22:28+00:00 2014-02-26T12:22:28+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2918&p=18734#p18734 <![CDATA[New "Boka" with alternative condenser.]]> Image

Image

Image

The water inlet and outlet of the two components, are connected by a flexible hose with compression fittings each end. I'll add another image later. The spiral of 6mm copper tube on the "coldfinger" is purely for spacing.

John.

Statistics: Posted by Jolly John — Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:22 pm


]]>