StillSmart Home distillation made easy! 2011-12-10T13:13:34+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/feed.php?f=6&t=696 2011-12-10T13:13:34+00:00 2011-12-10T13:13:34+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=696&p=6365#p6365 <![CDATA[Re: Irish Cream]]>

Statistics: Posted by Admiral Toad — Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:13 pm


]]>
2011-12-06T21:57:03+00:00 2011-12-06T21:57:03+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=696&p=6347#p6347 <![CDATA[Re: Irish Cream]]>
2 days later and the bubbles have subsided.

Statistics: Posted by metalmickey — Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:57 pm


]]>
2011-12-05T06:40:41+00:00 2011-12-05T06:40:41+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=696&p=6341#p6341 <![CDATA[Re: Irish Cream]]> Statistics: Posted by Admiral Toad — Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:40 am


]]>
2011-11-28T22:10:35+00:00 2011-11-28T22:10:35+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=696&p=6228#p6228 <![CDATA[Re: Irish Cream]]> Statistics: Posted by billmcc — Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:10 pm


]]>
2011-11-25T15:43:19+00:00 2011-11-25T15:43:19+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=696&p=6180#p6180 <![CDATA[Re: Irish Cream]]> ?

Statistics: Posted by metalmickey — Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:43 pm


]]>
2011-11-23T06:41:20+00:00 2011-11-23T06:41:20+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=696&p=6144#p6144 <![CDATA[Re: Irish Cream]]> Statistics: Posted by Admiral Toad — Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:41 am


]]>
2011-11-23T00:35:03+00:00 2011-11-23T00:35:03+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=696&p=6142#p6142 <![CDATA[Re: Irish Cream]]>
Perhaps regular shaking and the thing will mix over the next few days?

Statistics: Posted by mozr — Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:35 am


]]>
2011-11-22T11:08:23+00:00 2011-11-22T11:08:23+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=696&p=6132#p6132 <![CDATA[Re: Irish Cream]]>
The butterscotch cream is lovely too!

Statistics: Posted by mozr — Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:08 am


]]>
2011-11-22T06:45:19+00:00 2011-11-22T06:45:19+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=696&p=6129#p6129 <![CDATA[Re: Irish Cream]]> I will try chilling first, I tend to use a bit less water and just make a litre so it's got some bite.the coffee creamer idea sounds good and is probably cheaper ?I will give it a try too . Glad to hear I'm not the only bloke that loves this stuff !

Statistics: Posted by Admiral Toad — Tue Nov 22, 2011 6:45 am


]]>
2011-11-21T22:07:03+00:00 2011-11-21T22:07:03+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=696&p=6127#p6127 <![CDATA[Re: Irish Cream]]>
Personally the 1.125 litres thing is a bit daft. Either sell me a product to make 70cl, 1 litre, 1.5 litres or 2 litres!

The sugar and coffee whitener thing... I wonder whether we could use that as the cream base for all cream liqueur essences?

Statistics: Posted by mozr — Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:07 pm


]]>
2011-11-23T08:35:40+00:00 2011-11-21T21:50:09+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=696&p=6126#p6126 <![CDATA[Re: Irish Cream]]> To make two bottles at 750 mls
I make my Irish cream using coffee whitener
I keep it in the fridge , because I like to drink it cold , never had it go off .
Never left it out of the fridge , must admit it doesn't last long

Irish cream with coffee whitener

One bottle of ss Irish cream flavour
200grams sugar
250 grams coffee whitener(half a tub)
750 mls of 40% spirit
hot water to dessolve ingredients top up to 700mls

Dissolve the coffee whitener and sugar in the hot water to make 700mls
Zap with a blender if you get lumps (which sometimes happens)
Add the Irish cream essence and mix again let it cool then add 375mls
to each empty bottle then add 375ml of 40% spirit to each wich will leave you with
two bottles at about 20% abv lid them up give them a good shake then chill and enjoy.
the still spirits flavour is meant to make 1.125ltr but this way you get 1.5 ltr.

Statistics: Posted by billmcc — Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:50 pm


]]>
2011-11-21T22:03:30+00:00 2011-11-21T21:38:04+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=696&p=6125#p6125 <![CDATA[Re: Irish Cream]]>
I see what you mean admiral.

It did get a bit foamy.

It settled down relatively well and I bottled it after passing through a sieve, catching a few stubborn lumps of cream base.

If you use 500ml of 40% ABV alcohol, and then add the base pack and top to 1.125 litres with water, is it not about 18% ABV?

Statistics: Posted by mozr — Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:38 pm


]]>
2011-11-21T21:21:06+00:00 2011-11-21T21:21:06+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=696&p=6124#p6124 <![CDATA[Re: Irish Cream]]> I do something similar with beer batter in a pressurised co2 creamer when making tempura. I know its not the same thing, but maybe worth a try.

Statistics: Posted by Capt-Cudellez — Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:21 pm


]]>
2011-11-21T19:53:27+00:00 2011-11-21T19:53:27+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=696&p=6119#p6119 <![CDATA[Re: Irish Cream]]> Statistics: Posted by Admiral Toad — Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:53 pm


]]>
2011-11-21T17:01:53+00:00 2011-11-21T17:01:53+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=696&p=6116#p6116 <![CDATA[Re: Irish Cream]]>
i use spirit to mix with the powder and a hand whisk but don't go mad with it or it will froth badly..

the last one i did i made it with all spirit and no water and jesus did it blow my head off hahaha

hth

al.

Statistics: Posted by i dont drink — Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:01 pm


]]>