StillSmart Home distillation made easy! 2015-06-06T00:35:36+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/feed.php?f=4&t=3556 2015-06-06T00:35:36+00:00 2015-06-06T00:35:36+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3556&p=26444#p26444 <![CDATA[Re: Filtering after stripping run]]>
chill wrote:
"works best" might not be noticeable to you, it is worth an experiment. Or filter after the second distill and redistill to the higher ABV. I would not filter low wines, I expect that would exhaust the carbon much more quickly.

These seem to be sage words.
I personally filter at 45%,as that is my preferred drinking strength.
But if looking for REALLY clean high strength spirit,chills advised method may be a sound one.

Robert.

Statistics: Posted by Easydrinker — Sat Jun 06, 2015 12:35 am


]]>
2015-06-05T15:24:56+00:00 2015-06-05T15:24:56+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3556&p=26432#p26432 <![CDATA[Re: Filtering after stripping run]]> I'll have a play and see what I think. Thanks for the advice :-)

Statistics: Posted by PieOPah — Fri Jun 05, 2015 3:24 pm


]]>
2015-06-04T18:24:37+00:00 2015-06-04T18:24:37+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3556&p=26419#p26419 <![CDATA[Re: Filtering after stripping run]]> Statistics: Posted by chill — Thu Jun 04, 2015 6:24 pm


]]>
2015-06-04T17:46:11+00:00 2015-06-04T17:46:11+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3556&p=26418#p26418 <![CDATA[Filtering after stripping run]]>
Recently I was thinking - what if I did the filtering after the stripping run? The alcohol would be at a low enough percentage (30%) for filtering and then when I do the spirits run I would have the ideal percentage for aging.

Would this work or is it pointless?

Thanks in advance.

Statistics: Posted by PieOPah — Thu Jun 04, 2015 5:46 pm


]]>