StillSmart Home distillation made easy! 2016-07-15T15:43:45+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/feed.php?f=13&t=4153 2016-07-15T15:43:45+00:00 2016-07-15T15:43:45+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4153&p=35771#p35771 <![CDATA[Re: Mods...?]]>
Image

Statistics: Posted by Mash — Fri Jul 15, 2016 3:43 pm


]]>
2016-07-15T14:22:16+00:00 2016-07-15T14:22:16+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4153&p=35770#p35770 <![CDATA[Re: Mods...?]]>
Easydrinker wrote:
Well, smack my bottom and call me Susan!


Hi, Susan!!

Statistics: Posted by hampk — Fri Jul 15, 2016 2:22 pm


]]>
2016-07-14T23:04:48+00:00 2016-07-14T23:04:48+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4153&p=35767#p35767 <![CDATA[Re: Mods...?]]> Typing "Modification" into the search box top right shows 75 hits.
Tapping "moderator" shows only 20!
"Mod" shows 223 hits.

Robert.

Pedant. :D

Statistics: Posted by Easydrinker — Thu Jul 14, 2016 11:04 pm


]]>
2016-07-14T07:20:25+00:00 2016-07-14T07:20:25+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4153&p=35757#p35757 <![CDATA[Re: Mods...?]]> Statistics: Posted by Mash — Thu Jul 14, 2016 7:20 am


]]>
2016-07-14T05:32:59+00:00 2016-07-14T05:32:59+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4153&p=35755#p35755 <![CDATA[Re: Mods...?]]>

Robert.

Statistics: Posted by Easydrinker — Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:32 am


]]>
2016-07-14T01:22:23+00:00 2016-07-14T01:22:23+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4153&p=35752#p35752 <![CDATA[Re: Mods...?]]> My bad.

Statistics: Posted by Cheeeko — Thu Jul 14, 2016 1:22 am


]]>
2016-07-13T09:06:44+00:00 2016-07-13T09:06:44+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4153&p=35743#p35743 <![CDATA[Re: Mods...?]]> Statistics: Posted by Benoit — Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:06 am


]]>
2016-07-13T08:03:29+00:00 2016-07-13T08:03:29+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4153&p=35742#p35742 <![CDATA[Re: Mods...?]]>
Maybe i used the wrong word in the topic -shrugs-


Cheers

Statistics: Posted by Cheeeko — Wed Jul 13, 2016 8:03 am


]]>
2016-07-12T23:44:43+00:00 2016-07-12T23:44:43+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4153&p=35735#p35735 <![CDATA[Re: Mods...?]]>
My time is too precious to seek out the relevant post.

The consensus back then was do not trust a perforated disk to stop the possible boil over, but to use small boil pieces.

Why does this concern Mods?

Robert.

Statistics: Posted by Easydrinker — Tue Jul 12, 2016 11:44 pm


]]>
2016-07-12T06:04:30+00:00 2016-07-12T06:04:30+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4153&p=35715#p35715 <![CDATA[Re: Mods...?]]> Statistics: Posted by Mash — Tue Jul 12, 2016 6:04 am


]]>
2016-07-11T16:15:19+00:00 2016-07-11T16:15:19+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4153&p=35705#p35705 <![CDATA[Re: Mods...?]]>

Yeah we don't have any copper coins here in AUS so I use the copper saddles that are designed for the T500... how many should I be using? I already use the ceramic boil enhancers as well.

Statistics: Posted by Cheeeko — Mon Jul 11, 2016 4:15 pm


]]>
2016-07-11T15:56:59+00:00 2016-07-11T15:56:59+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4153&p=35704#p35704 <![CDATA[Re: Mods...?]]>
But.... This should be as well as the copper in the bottom, not instead of.

This is because it is a boil regulator and a nuclei for bubbles as well as doing its copper/sulphite job.

This is why coinage and pipe offcuts are good. ;)

Statistics: Posted by Mash — Mon Jul 11, 2016 3:56 pm


]]>
2016-07-11T14:04:52+00:00 2016-07-11T14:04:52+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4153&p=35703#p35703 <![CDATA[Mods...?]]>
Now... I've been thinking... I know you guys talk about putting copper in the bottom of the still, so I've done that, but I was wondering if you could fabricate up some sort of copper plate with holes in it (similar to a potato masher size?) and put your copper saddles on top of that so that the condensed distillate would pass through the copper as it does in a normal column still, i was thinking the copper plate would have 'legs' so it stood inside the boiler..

I hope this makes some sort of sense to someone.. i'll try draw up a picture soon


any feedback always greatly received :)

Statistics: Posted by Cheeeko — Mon Jul 11, 2016 2:04 pm


]]>