StillSmart Home distillation made easy! 2018-11-18T21:51:02+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/feed.php?f=6&t=2034 2018-11-18T21:51:02+00:00 2018-11-18T21:51:02+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2034&p=50115#p50115 <![CDATA[Re: Nuclear Whiskey / Nuclear Rum and Spirits Rapid Ageing]]>
Happy Stillin

FS

Statistics: Posted by FullySilenced — Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:51 pm


]]>
2018-08-10T06:14:40+00:00 2018-08-10T06:14:40+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2034&p=49468#p49468 <![CDATA[Re: Nuclear Whiskey / Nuclear Rum and Spirits Rapid Ageing]]> ;D

Statistics: Posted by Mash — Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:14 am


]]>
2018-08-09T19:15:35+00:00 2018-08-09T19:15:35+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2034&p=49465#p49465 <![CDATA[Re: Nuclear Whiskey / Nuclear Rum and Spirits Rapid Ageing]]>
In the meanwhile I have rigged up a jar on my heater/stirrer, in a sink in case the jar cracks...

Image

Jar contains 300ml @ 60% and 10g of fine barrel chips, heated to 50 degrees and the stirrer is set at 500rpm.

There is no added pressure, just what ever the heat adds, will it work, who knows, I set it going at 8pm so I'll have a look later.

Statistics: Posted by Maker — Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:15 pm


]]>
2018-08-09T06:01:16+00:00 2018-08-09T06:01:16+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2034&p=49455#p49455 <![CDATA[Re: Nuclear Whiskey / Nuclear Rum and Spirits Rapid Ageing]]>
Easydrinker wrote:
Loving this thread.
You are talking more talk than Mash can. ;D
It's the Hmmmm's that give it away.
But big him up for posting to prove that this site is not quite dead.

Robert


It's suffering from a bit too much sun that's all. ;D

Statistics: Posted by Mash — Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:01 am


]]>
2018-08-09T06:04:59+00:00 2018-08-09T05:59:17+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2034&p=49454#p49454 <![CDATA[Re: Nuclear Whiskey / Nuclear Rum and Spirits Rapid Ageing]]>
Maker wrote:
That was my initial thoughts but do we even need a compressor


Any tyre pump. Bike pump would do.

A bigger question is what pressure do we need to achieve? Pressure cookers have safety valves.

Statistics: Posted by Mash — Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:59 am


]]>
2018-08-09T00:37:20+00:00 2018-08-09T00:37:20+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2034&p=49452#p49452 <![CDATA[Re: Nuclear Whiskey / Nuclear Rum and Spirits Rapid Ageing]]> You are talking more talk than Mash can. ;D
It's the Hmmmm's that give it away.
But big him up for posting to prove that this site is not quite dead.

Robert

Statistics: Posted by Easydrinker — Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:37 am


]]>
2018-08-08T22:59:04+00:00 2018-08-08T22:59:04+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2034&p=49447#p49447 <![CDATA[Re: Nuclear Whiskey / Nuclear Rum and Spirits Rapid Ageing]]> I have a heat/stir device and a pressure cooker so as long as the magnet reaches through the bottom of the pressure cooker we are good to go, I'll check in the morning.

Statistics: Posted by Maker — Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:59 pm


]]>
2018-08-08T08:29:52+00:00 2018-08-08T08:29:52+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2034&p=49444#p49444 <![CDATA[Re: Nuclear Whiskey / Nuclear Rum and Spirits Rapid Ageing]]>
Hmmm..
Hmmmmmm.

Statistics: Posted by Mash — Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:29 am


]]>
2018-08-07T22:01:05+00:00 2018-08-07T22:01:05+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2034&p=49440#p49440 <![CDATA[Re: Nuclear Whiskey / Nuclear Rum and Spirits Rapid Ageing]]> "disruptive pressure-aging® technology".
https://www.esquire.com/food-drink/drinks/a35979/rapidly-aged-whiskey-primer/
So I guess they just use wood chip and in a big stainless barrel under pressure with a stirring paddle.

Statistics: Posted by Maker — Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:01 pm


]]>
2018-08-07T07:42:09+00:00 2018-08-07T07:42:09+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2034&p=49436#p49436 <![CDATA[Re: Nuclear Whiskey / Nuclear Rum and Spirits Rapid Ageing]]>

I get one hell of a vacuum in my clips top jars, so much so I have to pull the seal out sideways.


Try it. You don't need a vac pump to do 3 litres. Save your pennies for a ultrasonic cleaner.... you can't do that in a miccy. ;D

Statistics: Posted by Mash — Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:42 am


]]>
2018-08-06T21:50:39+00:00 2018-08-06T21:50:39+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2034&p=49434#p49434 <![CDATA[Re: Nuclear Whiskey / Nuclear Rum and Spirits Rapid Ageing]]> I did some research years ago on impregnating wood with resin to stabalise it in temperature and moisture situations, I could see the obvious cross over here, if you had your wood in a vacuum (tee hee...!) the moisture contained in the wood would boil off at a low temp, dont quote but 35 degrees celcius rings a bell, dump the moisure from the chamber and insert spirit, the hollow fibres of the wood will receive the spirit, keep under pressure and add heat would make a nice tea.
Could it be done at home Mash, I think so, I'm only a couple of projects away from finding out and I have a vacuum pump and a chamber in stock.
As I see it there are only a few options, possitive, negative pressure and heat, got to be worth a go.

Statistics: Posted by Maker — Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:50 pm


]]>
2018-08-05T06:07:35+00:00 2018-08-05T06:07:35+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2034&p=49424#p49424 <![CDATA[Re: Nuclear Whiskey / Nuclear Rum and Spirits Rapid Ageing]]> ;D ;D

Statistics: Posted by Mash — Sun Aug 05, 2018 6:07 am


]]>
2018-08-04T19:34:54+00:00 2018-08-04T19:34:54+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2034&p=49423#p49423 <![CDATA[Re: Nuclear Whiskey / Nuclear Rum and Spirits Rapid Ageing]]> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgLanpdX9eE

Statistics: Posted by gaza the instructor — Sat Aug 04, 2018 7:34 pm


]]>
2017-08-21T22:45:59+00:00 2017-08-21T22:45:59+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2034&p=44373#p44373 <![CDATA[Re: Nuclear Whiskey / Nuclear Rum and Spirits Rapid Ageing]]>
You won't be sorry.

Robert.

Statistics: Posted by Easydrinker — Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:45 pm


]]>
2017-08-21T17:48:19+00:00 2017-08-21T17:48:19+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2034&p=44366#p44366 <![CDATA[Re: Nuclear Whiskey / Nuclear Rum and Spirits Rapid Ageing]]> My intention is to do the malted barley mash thing but all in good time.

Statistics: Posted by H12rpo — Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:48 pm


]]>