StillSmart Home distillation made easy! 2018-10-14T08:39:46+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/feed.php?f=16&t=4954 2018-10-14T08:39:46+00:00 2018-10-14T08:39:46+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4954&p=49856#p49856 <![CDATA[Re: Hops infused gin]]> Statistics: Posted by Mash — Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:39 am


]]>
2018-10-13T10:01:06+00:00 2018-10-13T10:01:06+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4954&p=49846#p49846 <![CDATA[Re: Hops infused gin]]>

Recipe is very simple.

Add 10g of Citra hops per litre of gin. Give it a good shake and leave it for a few days. I left it for 3 days, but probably would have benefited from 4. Much more than that and the hops flavour might be a bit strong.

The gin was just a simple:

Jumiper
Coriander seeds
cardamon pod x2
angelica
orris

Next time I will use much less jumiper and then hopefully it won't be so oily!

Statistics: Posted by captainfog — Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:01 am


]]>
2018-10-13T05:23:18+00:00 2018-10-13T05:23:18+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4954&p=49845#p49845 <![CDATA[Re: Hops infused gin]]>
You might also find juniper berries vary. Some much richer in oil than others.

Statistics: Posted by Mash — Sat Oct 13, 2018 5:23 am


]]>
2018-10-12T21:17:21+00:00 2018-10-12T21:17:21+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4954&p=49843#p49843 <![CDATA[Re: Hops infused gin]]>
But... the f*cking thing louched when I added ice and tonic. **bangs head against wall**

I'm going to have to reduce my juniper as this must be the issue. I used to use 12g for 1.5L of neutral and had no problems, it's only since I bumped it up to 19g that this has started happening. I'll gradually reduce it until it stops happening.

Statistics: Posted by captainfog — Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:17 pm


]]>
2018-10-10T15:54:20+00:00 2018-10-10T15:54:20+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4954&p=49834#p49834 <![CDATA[Re: Hops infused gin]]> my recipe book. will look in the experiments book.
Can remember only putting about 3g of Citra Hops
in and the taste was quite strong. They were pelet
and I crushed them.

Statistics: Posted by gaza the instructor — Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:54 pm


]]>
2018-10-10T11:02:44+00:00 2018-10-10T11:02:44+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4954&p=49832#p49832 <![CDATA[Re: Hops infused gin]]> Statistics: Posted by captainfog — Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:02 am


]]>
2018-10-10T05:30:05+00:00 2018-10-10T05:30:05+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4954&p=49828#p49828 <![CDATA[Re: Hops infused gin]]> Statistics: Posted by Mash — Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:30 am


]]>
2018-10-10T00:04:30+00:00 2018-10-10T00:04:30+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4954&p=49827#p49827 <![CDATA[Re: Hops infused gin]]>
Image

Statistics: Posted by captainfog — Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:04 am


]]>
2018-09-24T08:40:19+00:00 2018-09-24T08:40:19+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4954&p=49694#p49694 <![CDATA[Re: Hops infused gin]]> Statistics: Posted by Mash — Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:40 am


]]>
2018-09-24T08:33:04+00:00 2018-09-24T08:33:04+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4954&p=49693#p49693 <![CDATA[Re: Hops infused gin]]> https://tiny-rebel-brewery.myshopify.co ... /dutty-gin

Statistics: Posted by jonx69 — Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:33 am


]]>
2018-09-18T16:44:46+00:00 2018-09-18T16:44:46+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4954&p=49665#p49665 <![CDATA[Re: Hops infused gin]]> Statistics: Posted by Pyro — Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:44 pm


]]>
2018-09-18T06:36:54+00:00 2018-09-18T06:36:54+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4954&p=49664#p49664 <![CDATA[Re: Hops infused gin]]>
Less than £5 from China.

First used on JD bbq chips, but I think its gonna be handy for hops too.

Statistics: Posted by Mash — Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:36 am


]]>
2018-09-17T22:31:43+00:00 2018-09-17T22:31:43+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4954&p=49663#p49663 <![CDATA[Re: Hops infused gin]]> Numerous references in this topic and probably others.
Sloe Gin etc,
When we know the forum has a future, and get an office person, maybe they will all be collated into a single thread. :)

Robert.

Statistics: Posted by Easydrinker — Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:31 pm


]]>
2018-09-17T08:12:34+00:00 2018-09-17T08:12:34+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4954&p=49662#p49662 <![CDATA[Re: Hops infused gin]]>
Mash wrote:
I have heard rumours of this before. I fancy trying it.

When brewing all grain beer this is called 'dry hopping'.

10g per litre saves a lot of experiments.

Hops are messy buggers. Don't know if you have pellets or leaf, but they need to be in a bag / net / mesh tube. The balance between letting the flavour out, but keeping the crap in can be tough.


They are pellets, thanks for the tip, I've got a steel mesh tea infuser thing that I could use.

There is a vapour infusion thread, but is there a recipe thread for post distillation infusion? For making things like this and fruit liqueur's ? If not, there should be! :)

Statistics: Posted by captainfog — Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:12 am


]]>
2018-09-17T07:20:39+00:00 2018-09-17T07:20:39+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4954&p=49660#p49660 <![CDATA[Re: Hops infused gin]]>
When brewing all grain beer this is called 'dry hopping'.

10g per litre saves a lot of experiments.

Hops are messy buggers. Don't know if you have pellets or leaf, but they need to be in a bag / net / mesh tube. The balance between letting the flavour out, but keeping the crap in can be tough.

Statistics: Posted by Mash — Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:20 am


]]>