StillSmart Home distillation made easy! 2017-08-12T19:50:08+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/feed.php?f=13&t=4620 2017-08-12T19:50:08+00:00 2017-08-12T19:50:08+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4620&p=44216#p44216 <![CDATA[Re: another aussie air still user]]> Know want you mean though horrid
stuff like school dinners all over
again. ;D

Statistics: Posted by gaza the instructor — Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:50 pm


]]>
2017-08-12T03:22:41+00:00 2017-08-12T03:22:41+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4620&p=44211#p44211 <![CDATA[Re: another aussie air still user]]> Statistics: Posted by bells79 — Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:22 am


]]>
2017-08-11T17:18:01+00:00 2017-08-11T17:18:01+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4620&p=44207#p44207 <![CDATA[Re: another aussie air still user]]> There are may recipes for making cheap and high quality alcohol
on here Kale is my favourite.
The other thing is yeast good old bread yeast cheap as chips.

Statistics: Posted by gaza the instructor — Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:18 pm


]]>
2017-08-11T05:11:46+00:00 2017-08-11T05:11:46+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4620&p=44199#p44199 <![CDATA[Re: another aussie air still user]]>
I added together all of what I had already put thru the distiller together and watered down to 30% and are now doing the spirit run..... Lesson learnt that up until now I have not been very wise to get value for money... Starting now I will be.

Cheers

Statistics: Posted by bells79 — Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:11 am


]]>
2017-08-09T07:06:44+00:00 2017-08-09T07:06:44+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4620&p=44167#p44167 <![CDATA[Re: another aussie air still user]]>
I defo think you need a 25 litre wide mouth wine fermenter. These are by far the best in class.

Do a couple searches on here for a bit of reading. Try "kale wash" and also "freezer"

You might also consider a refractometer so you can test your spirit easily.

Statistics: Posted by Mash — Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:06 am


]]>
2017-08-08T23:19:37+00:00 2017-08-08T23:19:37+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4620&p=44161#p44161 <![CDATA[Re: another aussie air still user]]> Your last paragraph is kind of confusing, so I will start there.
The math is very confusing!
Take any stripped wash and dilute to sub 30% and spirit run, collecting in 200-300 ml increments, until you hit 20% on the take off.
You seem to posess a hydrometer, and may even have read the cuts guide that can be found on here, so I assume that you have an understanding of dealing with those.

If you have the space, then a 25 litre fermenter or two is a good idea, for distilling purposes, you only need a bucket, I don't often use a lid.
There are many different mashes that you can use,
I would not recommend using more than 5Kg sugar to 25 litres.
HTH.

Robert.

Statistics: Posted by Easydrinker — Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:19 pm


]]>
2017-08-08T15:58:07+00:00 2017-08-08T15:58:07+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4620&p=44148#p44148 <![CDATA[another aussie air still user]]>
I bought it as a pack and got a 10 litre fermenter with it - which I used 7.5 litres of water to 2.2kg of sugar and then the air still fermentation kit - am I doing the right thing?? or is there an easier way.

Should I lash out and get a 25litre fermenter?? (and what goes in the wash of this amount) or just keep going along with what I have?? - and yes this is just a little hobby

I have probably 7 litres of 40% and 3 litres of 60% at home waiting to know what to do with it, so thinking about making it up to the 9litres of 30% abv and starting with the spirit runs OR should I just make it 2 x 4lts of 30abv and put thru and try that lot OR should I do that (9 litres at 30% abv) and do all the cuts..???

Indecisive I know - but would love your help in getting the best out of this baby.....

HELP

Thanks in advance peeps

Statistics: Posted by bells79 — Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:58 pm


]]>