StillSmart Home distillation made easy! 2016-11-02T01:52:00+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/feed.php?f=3&t=4348 2016-11-02T01:52:00+00:00 2016-11-02T01:52:00+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4348&p=39344#p39344 <![CDATA[Re: Frankenstein still.]]> Ice has a new short columnn + thumper?
And may have a new Frankenstill part built?.
Am I very far from the loop?
It has been a day of brain frazzle. :)

##Help

Robert.

Statistics: Posted by Easydrinker — Wed Nov 02, 2016 1:52 am


]]>
2016-11-01T19:15:04+00:00 2016-11-01T19:15:04+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4348&p=39320#p39320 <![CDATA[Re: Frankenstein still.]]> :)

Statistics: Posted by packapoo — Tue Nov 01, 2016 7:15 pm


]]>
2016-11-01T05:28:51+00:00 2016-11-01T05:28:51+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4348&p=39297#p39297 <![CDATA[Re: Frankenstein still.]]> that's if you find one the correct size...then you have the job of making it work.

This dome I have, came along at the price to fit my wallet so I took it off the guys hands.

Statistics: Posted by Icefever — Tue Nov 01, 2016 5:28 am


]]>
2016-11-01T04:17:40+00:00 2016-11-01T04:17:40+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4348&p=39295#p39295 <![CDATA[Re: Frankenstein still.]]>

I picked up a S-hand copper dome,


What was the copper dome in its previous life Iceman?

I'm thinking light fitting/shade. Keeping my eyes open for one is all.

Statistics: Posted by packapoo — Tue Nov 01, 2016 4:17 am


]]>
2016-10-30T21:15:12+00:00 2016-10-30T21:15:12+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4348&p=39224#p39224 <![CDATA[Re: Frankenstein still.]]> goes up next week and will take 3 weeks
to kit out. :) :)

Statistics: Posted by gaza the instructor — Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:15 pm


]]>
2016-10-30T16:39:07+00:00 2016-10-30T16:39:07+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4348&p=39213#p39213 <![CDATA[Re: Frankenstein still.]]>
gaza the instructor wrote:
Well thats sold to one of us.
You 1st Mr G .
Dont think you will need to advertise this one
Anavrin.


If you want them its fine by me, my shed is drifting further into the fog every day, but should you not take them I will gladly be next in line hopefully if my budget will stretch to it.

Gadget

Statistics: Posted by inspector gadget — Sun Oct 30, 2016 4:39 pm


]]>
2016-10-30T14:31:29+00:00 2016-10-30T14:31:29+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4348&p=39210#p39210 <![CDATA[Re: Frankenstein still.]]> You 1st Mr G .
Dont think you will need to advertise this one
Anavrin.

Statistics: Posted by gaza the instructor — Sun Oct 30, 2016 2:31 pm


]]>
2016-10-30T08:55:22+00:00 2016-10-30T08:55:22+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4348&p=39188#p39188 <![CDATA[Re: Frankenstein still.]]>
Anavrin wrote:
Hi Gaza

Not really worth it for the Baby CD, it would help a little I guess by adding another plate but it's much more expensive than a Baby CD glass Section.

I've got a Six plate Baby CD that I'm seriously considering selling, I need some other bits for my Still and with XMAS coming I think I'm going to let it go to pay for the new bits.



I'm all ears for that one...

(goes to check the fund manager)

Gadget

Statistics: Posted by inspector gadget — Sun Oct 30, 2016 8:55 am


]]>
2016-10-30T07:54:22+00:00 2016-10-30T07:54:22+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4348&p=39186#p39186 <![CDATA[Re: Frankenstein still.]]>
Not really worth it for the Baby CD, it would help a little I guess by adding another plate but it's much more expensive than a Baby CD glass Section.

I've got a Six plate Baby CD that I'm seriously considering selling, I need some other bits for my Still and with XMAS coming I think I'm going to let it go to pay for the new bits.

Statistics: Posted by Anavrin — Sun Oct 30, 2016 7:54 am


]]>
2016-10-30T06:39:11+00:00 2016-10-30T06:39:11+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4348&p=39181#p39181 <![CDATA[Re: Frankenstein still.]]> fitting a torpedoes to the bottom of the column ?

Statistics: Posted by gaza the instructor — Sun Oct 30, 2016 6:39 am


]]>
2016-10-29T21:29:14+00:00 2016-10-29T21:29:14+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4348&p=39165#p39165 <![CDATA[Re: Frankenstein still.]]>
But people ask if it's worth it if your packed column already produces a 95% product?

I would say yes, it's an improvement, I don't have any scientific evidence for it but having the torpedo under the column does seem to help, it kind of buffers the grunt from the boiler and makes the column seem more stable, other users have also noted this.

It also makes your column slightly more efficient, people talk about HETP (Height Equivalent to a Theoretical Plate) when talking about different column packing materials, the smaller the HEPT the more distillation stages for a given height of packing, however this is not linear inside the column the HEPT at the bottom where the ABV is lower is larger than the HEPT at the top, having a REAL PLATE under the column removes the largest theoretical plate, meaning in theory, by adding one physical plate you increase the number of theoretical plates by more then one, maybe another 2-3.

Statistics: Posted by Anavrin — Sat Oct 29, 2016 9:29 pm


]]>
2016-10-29T19:59:03+00:00 2016-10-29T19:59:03+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4348&p=39163#p39163 <![CDATA[Re: Frankenstein still.]]>

Statistics: Posted by inspector gadget — Sat Oct 29, 2016 7:59 pm


]]>
2016-10-29T19:21:38+00:00 2016-10-29T19:21:38+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4348&p=39160#p39160 <![CDATA[Re: Frankenstein still.]]> Hope not she is more grumpy than
usual ;D

Statistics: Posted by gaza the instructor — Sat Oct 29, 2016 7:21 pm


]]>
2016-10-29T19:19:27+00:00 2016-10-29T19:19:27+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4348&p=39159#p39159 <![CDATA[Re: Frankenstein still.]]> and it will stop me from moaning ;D

Statistics: Posted by gaza the instructor — Sat Oct 29, 2016 7:19 pm


]]>
2016-10-29T17:37:23+00:00 2016-10-29T17:37:23+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4348&p=39153#p39153 <![CDATA[Re: Frankenstein still.]]> Statistics: Posted by Toper — Sat Oct 29, 2016 5:37 pm


]]>