StillSmart Home distillation made easy! 2018-08-11T05:05:08+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/feed.php?f=6&t=4945 2018-08-11T05:05:08+00:00 2018-08-11T05:05:08+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4945&p=49478#p49478 <![CDATA[Re: 2 Gallon Vacuum Pump Chamber kit]]>

Leatherman wrote:So my thoughts are: you vacuum JD chips. Air gets out, liquid goes in. Open valve release vacuum. Air goes into chamber, but I think doesnt go back into chips. So chips are soaked with neutral but there is no actual movement happening in and out wood after first vacuum treatment. Any thoughts on it? Hope my physics are wrong


Yup. I reckon. This is why I think ultrasonic is the next step. But a microwave does a cracking job. And vacs it three times so there is in & out I guess

Statistics: Posted by Mash — Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:05 am


]]>
2018-08-10T22:56:41+00:00 2018-08-10T22:56:41+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4945&p=49476#p49476 <![CDATA[Re: 2 Gallon Vacuum Pump Chamber kit]]> Once the chips are saturated no air goes back in.
Of course you could always dry the chips and re-start, or simply use a micro wave or leave to soak
Both of the latter methods work, low cost.
Simples.
Just saying.

Robert.

Statistics: Posted by Easydrinker — Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:56 pm


]]>
2018-08-10T12:40:45+00:00 2018-08-10T12:40:45+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4945&p=49474#p49474 <![CDATA[Re: 2 Gallon Vacuum Pump Chamber kit]]> Statistics: Posted by Leatherman — Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:40 pm


]]>
2018-08-09T06:27:19+00:00 2018-08-09T06:27:19+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4945&p=49458#p49458 <![CDATA[Re: 2 Gallon Vacuum Pump Chamber kit]]> ;D ;D

Statistics: Posted by Mash — Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:27 am


]]>
2018-08-08T23:51:18+00:00 2018-08-08T23:51:18+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4945&p=49450#p49450 <![CDATA[Re: 2 Gallon Vacuum Pump Chamber kit]]>
Robert.

Statistics: Posted by Easydrinker — Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:51 pm


]]>
2018-08-06T14:05:38+00:00 2018-08-06T14:05:38+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4945&p=49433#p49433 <![CDATA[Re: 2 Gallon Vacuum Pump Chamber kit]]> ;D

Seriously for a moment.
A few people have tried making gin With an ultrasonic cleaner and had tremendous results.
I think the logic holds true for Bourbon/oak. But as yet (and this was my plan) it is untested.

Commercially & with microwave ovens, etc etc vacuums have been proved to make a good job of the Jack Daniels from barbecue chips. Tested, approved & signed off. However, I have not tried making gin in my microwave oven as I fear it would be unsuccessful.

Based on that. I quite fancy a 6L Heated ultrasonic cleaner, With a tap, and a mechanical control, not digital. With this I think you could have no end of fun with both gin & whiskeys & apple brandies & peach snaps etc etc etc etc and its Half the price.

I am on the brink, if you push me too far might have to buy one. :D

Statistics: Posted by Mash — Mon Aug 06, 2018 2:05 pm


]]>
2018-08-06T07:36:25+00:00 2018-08-06T07:36:25+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4945&p=49430#p49430 <![CDATA[Re: 2 Gallon Vacuum Pump Chamber kit]]> Statistics: Posted by Leatherman — Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:36 am


]]>
2018-08-06T06:45:41+00:00 2018-08-06T06:45:41+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4945&p=49428#p49428 <![CDATA[Re: 2 Gallon Vacuum Pump Chamber kit]]>
I fancy a heated ultrasonic cleaner too. But my sputty does that job really well.

Perhaps I am just getting tight.

Statistics: Posted by Mash — Mon Aug 06, 2018 6:45 am


]]>
2018-08-05T23:39:29+00:00 2018-08-05T23:39:29+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4945&p=49427#p49427 <![CDATA[Re: 2 Gallon Vacuum Pump Chamber kit]]> Statistics: Posted by Maker — Sun Aug 05, 2018 11:39 pm


]]>
2018-08-05T11:49:53+00:00 2018-08-05T11:49:53+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4945&p=49425#p49425 <![CDATA[2 Gallon Vacuum Pump Chamber kit]]>
Found this item on ebay today and looks very interesting for me. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-Gallon-Cha ... 4902.l9144

What would be your professional opinions about this thing to do aging. The idea is that this would be similar to nuking. Put neutral in with oak chips and leave it with vacuum. Maybe this could be good for gins as well? Is it worth any attention?

Statistics: Posted by Leatherman — Sun Aug 05, 2018 11:49 am


]]>