StillSmart Home distillation made easy! 2016-04-04T23:56:24+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/feed.php?f=15&t=3981 2016-04-04T23:56:24+00:00 2016-04-04T23:56:24+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3981&p=33079#p33079 <![CDATA[Re: 30 litre boiler]]> Statistics: Posted by Myles — Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:56 pm


]]>
2016-04-04T23:16:50+00:00 2016-04-04T23:16:50+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3981&p=33074#p33074 <![CDATA[Re: 30 litre boiler]]> I will take for granted that a person as wise as yourself has already planned to include pressure cooker cook books and standard kitchen utensils in among the packaging?...
Best of luck ;)

Robert.

Statistics: Posted by Easydrinker — Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:16 pm


]]>
2016-04-04T17:41:57+00:00 2016-04-04T17:41:57+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3981&p=33059#p33059 <![CDATA[Re: 30 litre boiler]]>

Statistics: Posted by Icefever — Mon Apr 04, 2016 5:41 pm


]]>
2016-04-04T14:36:23+00:00 2016-04-04T14:36:23+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3981&p=33049#p33049 <![CDATA[Re: 30 litre boiler]]>
Didn't want to get a T500 because it looks a bit obviously like a still. Am hopeing that I can make this look superficially like an electric pressure cooker / steamer.

If it looks too obvious when I get my hands on it, its no big deal because I will use it regardless for something. :)

I do have an electric Mk5e pot still I could use, but it only takes a 4 litre charge.

Statistics: Posted by Myles — Mon Apr 04, 2016 2:36 pm


]]>
2016-04-04T11:38:36+00:00 2016-04-04T11:38:36+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3981&p=33041#p33041 <![CDATA[Re: 30 litre boiler]]> to work out how long the section is from 54mm to 35mm then I can cut that piece next...and your at it again. :D ;)

Statistics: Posted by Icefever — Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:38 am


]]>
2016-04-04T09:33:13+00:00 2016-04-04T09:33:13+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3981&p=33040#p33040 <![CDATA[30 litre boiler]]>
I just ordered one of these.

boiler.png

The smaller 33 litre version. They come with 1.5" TC ferrules welded on. I ordered the 3kW element and the TC adaptor so I hope the element fits the boiler. :D

It should do, as I am sure they would have mentioned if it were too long.

I am going to fit a PSV with a gauge to a 1.5" TC blanking plate, and take this overseas as a "steamer". If I just happen to have a take down modular pot still attached to another TC blanking plate well that is pure coincidence. ::)

PSV.png

I did look at alternatives also.
All American pressure canner - absolutely brilliant bit of kit, but expensive.
Presto 23 quart pressure canner, easily adaptable but actually about the same size as this overall. (That 23 quarts must be load capacity and not physical capacity). Again more expensive.

I will have to build a controller which will bump up the price, but even with a home build packed column it would still be less than a T500, and with luck will be a bit more compact as the boiler is 350 mm x 350 mm.

I will modify and finish off my pot still build, and put together a short PC to go with it. Thinking 9 x 10 mm tubes in a 54 mm shell at 270 mm (possibly 300) will do.

I know it is short for a PC but if I can make everything so it fits inside the boiler for transport it would be nice. If necessary I can make a 2 part condenser, as I will build it with TC ferrule ends.

Statistics: Posted by Myles — Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:33 am


]]>