StillSmart Home distillation made easy! 2012-04-18T16:54:54+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/feed.php?f=3&t=1008 2012-04-18T16:54:54+00:00 2012-04-18T16:54:54+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1008&p=7999#p7999 <![CDATA[Re: Air Still - Why 800 mL hearts limit?]]>

Chuck

Statistics: Posted by chill — Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:54 pm


]]>
2012-04-18T06:39:28+00:00 2012-04-18T06:39:28+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1008&p=7986#p7986 <![CDATA[Re: Air Still - Why 800 mL hearts limit?]]>
Im not of the persuasion of double distilling with the air still as i find the time scale just too much to be of worth i now just tend to dispose the first 20ml and then draw off 750ml before switching it off. Doing that coupled with a double carbon filtering gives me a product im happy to drink.
I dont like pushing it any further as once you can actually see the oils swirling round in the spirit than that for me is too much your getting into crapping through the eye of a needle territory then. :D

That said mozrs diagram and method qouted above does undoubtedly produce a superior end result if you are willing to spend that amount of time on a wash.

Statistics: Posted by bobnot — Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:39 am


]]>
2012-03-27T19:08:31+00:00 2012-03-27T19:08:31+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1008&p=7849#p7849 <![CDATA[Re: Air Still - Why 800 mL hearts limit?]]> http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=765.

If you were to follow Still Spirits' instructions it wouldn't be worthwhile running the Airstill at all. ::)

AM 8)

Statistics: Posted by Almanac — Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:08 pm


]]>
2012-03-27T17:52:14+00:00 2012-03-27T17:52:14+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1008&p=7847#p7847 <![CDATA[Air Still - Why 800 mL hearts limit?]]>
On my gas heated 20 L pot still, I end my hearts cut when the ABV drops to 40%. I do not understand why I should cut off my air still when 800 mL has been collected. If the wash was 20%, then I could collect to 1130 mL before I hit the 40% mark. That is almost 1/3 of a liter of good alcohol wasted. Can someone explain Still Spirits reasoning?

Bystander

Statistics: Posted by bystander — Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:52 pm


]]>