StillSmart Home distillation made easy! 2009-11-07T20:39:08+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/feed.php?f=1&t=189 2009-11-07T20:39:08+00:00 2009-11-07T20:39:08+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=189&p=1649#p1649 <![CDATA[Cost per bottle?]]>
Cheers trelliS

its up to you,you can just run the 2 1/2 ltrs if you want or just keep saving it till you have 4ltrs

cheers optic

Statistics: Posted by optic — Sat Nov 07, 2009 8:39 pm


]]>
2009-11-07T18:51:23+00:00 2009-11-07T18:51:23+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=189&p=1646#p1646 <![CDATA[Cost per bottle?]]>
Many thanks for the advise seems im using the good bits but throwing the better bits.Am just a little puzzled because it says to put four litres in the pot still and 5x500ml is 2 1/2 litres is this to be retained until i do my next wash until i get the full 4 litres.

Cheers trelliS

Statistics: Posted by trelliS — Sat Nov 07, 2009 6:51 pm


]]>
2009-11-07T02:20:46+00:00 2009-11-07T02:20:46+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=189&p=1645#p1645 <![CDATA[Cost per bottle?]]>
next time you do a run try collecting the usual 800ml @ 60ish% carry on collecting in another jug you should get another 500ml around the 30% mark put this in a DJ,then do the same on the rest of your runs then put what you have got at 30% through collecting until it drops bellow 60%,then if you like call it a day or better still cut all you have got back to 40% and run it again you will get a couple of litres at 80-82% per run its well worth the effort as you end up with a far more pure alcohol.

cheers

Optic

Statistics: Posted by optic — Sat Nov 07, 2009 2:20 am


]]>
2009-11-06T04:52:00+00:00 2009-11-06T04:52:00+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=189&p=1644#p1644 <![CDATA[Cost per bottle?]]>
At the moment using my pot still i am throwing the first 20ml from the spout and getting 800ml at 60% from using 4 litres of wash this is then cut with 400ml of water to make 1200ml of 40% ready for filtering and flavouring.I usually get 5 still fills from a wash.I am using the still spirits yeast etc.Others on here will advise you on different washes yeasts etc which will possibly give you a higher yield but i too am a relative newbie but have got the bug and am at the stage where i am ready to improve/experiment with different methods etc.

Good luck with your brews

trelliS

Statistics: Posted by trelliS — Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:52 am


]]>
2009-11-05T01:50:51+00:00 2009-11-05T01:50:51+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=189&p=1643#p1643 <![CDATA[Cost per bottle?]]>
Using the Easystill how much wash is needed to make a 75cl bottle at about 40%?

Statistics: Posted by v4mpy — Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:50 am


]]>
2009-11-05T01:26:57+00:00 2009-11-05T01:26:57+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=189&p=1642#p1642 <![CDATA[Cost per bottle?]]> As a rough guide, I get about 4 - 5 litres of good stuff from 5 bags of sugar, a tin of tomato paste, bit of lemon juice and half a tin of bakers yeast - total cost about four quid.

Statistics: Posted by Jimmy — Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:26 am


]]>
2009-11-05T01:12:56+00:00 2009-11-05T01:12:56+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=189&p=1641#p1641 <![CDATA[Cost per bottle?]]>
I\'m thinking of getting a still for xmas and I was wondering roughly how much per 75cl bottle of 40%ish alcohol would cost to produce?

I love making red wine and i\'ve been looking for something else to try and I think this would be the perfect next step.
I appologise if this has been asked before, but I\'ve not found it on the site yet!
Thanks for any replies.

Statistics: Posted by v4mpy — Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:12 am


]]>