StillSmart Home distillation made easy! 2011-11-14T22:36:44+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/feed.php?f=6&t=678 2011-11-14T22:36:44+00:00 2011-11-14T22:36:44+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=678&p=6067#p6067 <![CDATA[Re: Apple juice]]>

Statistics: Posted by Skozzy — Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:36 pm


]]>
2011-11-14T21:52:06+00:00 2011-11-14T21:52:06+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=678&p=6066#p6066 <![CDATA[Re: Apple juice]]>

Think I'm right in saying that you're not even allowed to call it whiskey until it's 2 years old, or something like that?

Statistics: Posted by Jimmy — Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:52 pm


]]>
2011-11-14T19:13:51+00:00 2011-11-14T19:13:51+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=678&p=6057#p6057 <![CDATA[Re: Apple juice]]> I've recently started pot stilling whiskey and rum. I need to oak for a couple of months before the stuff is good.
Also you do need to make cuts, some late heads and early tails make my rum taste like rum, but it takes ages to smooth out.
I have some 8 month old stuff that i ran through the T500 quite quickly pulling 92%ish, its really turned into something good in the last month or so, so glad I saved it.

Haven't quite got the hang of doing whiskey yet, to me it all tastes quite unappealing straight out the still, I have some 1 month old stuff that is tasting quite promising - but I think i cut too narrow and it may smooth out to being too bland in the long run.

All of this is totally different game to running neutral, and its like starting from scratch for me, having fun though.

Statistics: Posted by Capt-Cudellez — Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:13 pm


]]>
2011-11-14T11:03:57+00:00 2011-11-14T11:03:57+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=678&p=6052#p6052 <![CDATA[Re: Apple juice]]> Statistics: Posted by Jimmy — Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:03 am


]]>
2011-11-13T21:09:49+00:00 2011-11-13T21:09:49+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=678&p=6043#p6043 <![CDATA[Re: Apple juice]]> Statistics: Posted by Skozzy — Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:09 pm


]]>
2011-11-06T18:11:35+00:00 2011-11-06T18:11:35+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=678&p=5976#p5976 <![CDATA[Re: Apple juice]]>
Id toss a bit more of every wash, say the first 100mm. Its probly overcautous but what the hell, beats a bad headache.

MM

Statistics: Posted by metalmickey — Sun Nov 06, 2011 6:11 pm


]]>
2011-11-05T10:51:23+00:00 2011-11-05T10:51:23+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=678&p=5971#p5971 <![CDATA[Re: Apple juice]]> Statistics: Posted by Skozzy — Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:51 am


]]>
2011-11-04T21:25:57+00:00 2011-11-04T21:25:57+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=678&p=5968#p5968 <![CDATA[Re: Apple juice]]> Statistics: Posted by metalmickey — Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:25 pm


]]>
2011-11-04T18:04:26+00:00 2011-11-04T18:04:26+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=678&p=5967#p5967 <![CDATA[Re: Apple juice]]> Statistics: Posted by Skozzy — Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:04 pm


]]>
2011-11-04T09:21:43+00:00 2011-11-04T09:21:43+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=678&p=5966#p5966 <![CDATA[Re: Apple juice]]> Statistics: Posted by Pinhead — Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:21 am


]]>
2011-11-03T19:57:56+00:00 2011-11-03T19:57:56+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=678&p=5965#p5965 <![CDATA[Apple juice]]> Statistics: Posted by Skozzy — Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:57 pm


]]>