StillSmart Home distillation made easy! 2014-11-05T16:28:07+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/feed.php?f=13&t=3142 2014-11-05T16:28:07+00:00 2014-11-05T16:28:07+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3142&p=21935#p21935 <![CDATA[Re: WHISKEY]]> Statistics: Posted by paul — Wed Nov 05, 2014 4:28 pm


]]>
2014-11-04T20:07:45+00:00 2014-11-04T20:07:45+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3142&p=21916#p21916 <![CDATA[Re: WHISKEY]]>
Another reason not to use hops is a hop oil will coat the inside of your column which means cleaning everything.

Statistics: Posted by Anavrin — Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:07 pm


]]>
2014-11-04T19:30:49+00:00 2014-11-04T19:30:49+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3142&p=21914#p21914 <![CDATA[Re: WHISKEY]]> paul

Statistics: Posted by paul — Tue Nov 04, 2014 7:30 pm


]]>
2014-09-08T17:46:56+00:00 2014-09-08T17:46:56+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3142&p=20891#p20891 <![CDATA[Re: WHISKEY]]> Statistics: Posted by chill — Mon Sep 08, 2014 5:46 pm


]]>
2014-09-08T16:22:45+00:00 2014-09-08T16:22:45+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3142&p=20886#p20886 <![CDATA[Re: WHISKEY]]> Statistics: Posted by Maurice — Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:22 pm


]]>
2014-09-08T15:51:36+00:00 2014-09-08T15:51:36+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3142&p=20885#p20885 <![CDATA[Re: WHISKEY]]>
Try a bit of darker malt for a bit more flavour but NO HOPS so a standard kits no good

Statistics: Posted by Admiral Toad — Mon Sep 08, 2014 3:51 pm


]]>
2014-09-07T12:57:19+00:00 2014-09-07T12:57:19+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3142&p=20877#p20877 <![CDATA[Re: WHISKEY]]> if you keep the hops out of the ferment, you will make a (sort of) Scotch as described.....although I suspect it may lack in flavour/body.

What I would suggest is that you also consider the yeast used as, IMHO, it IS important.

Statistics: Posted by Frank — Sun Sep 07, 2014 12:57 pm


]]>
2014-09-07T00:24:43+00:00 2014-09-07T00:24:43+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3142&p=20876#p20876 <![CDATA[Re: WHISKEY]]> I know you have been a member for a while,but this is my first chance to greet you on a recent post.
Yes,you can brew a beer (minus hops),run it through an airstill,oak barrel,or age on oak,and come out with something resembling a Scotch whisky.
The Oak will both flavour and colour the spirit.

In my experience,your final result may be determined by your beer brew;all grain,LME,DME, whatever.All will work to some degree.
It is the playing of this game that keeps me interested.
And I hope that if you have some good,or even bad results,that you will share.
For the common good.
Robert.

Statistics: Posted by Easydrinker — Sun Sep 07, 2014 12:24 am


]]>
2014-09-06T22:13:46+00:00 2014-09-06T22:13:46+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3142&p=20875#p20875 <![CDATA[WHISKEY]]> I have a plan and it goes like this, I make a home made beer, run it through an air still then mature the result in an oak barrel .
The question I am asking is will I get something akin to whiskey both in colour and flavour?
Thanks

Statistics: Posted by Maurice — Sat Sep 06, 2014 10:13 pm


]]>