StillSmart Home distillation made easy! 2017-06-10T22:59:54+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/feed.php?f=3&t=4563 2017-06-10T22:59:54+00:00 2017-06-10T22:59:54+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4563&p=43366#p43366 <![CDATA[Re: What is the best water to use - RO,Spring,Distilled or T]]> I will tip my hat in Phantoms direction here, I know that he does differently, and I do not wish to start an arguement.
There are more ways than one! :)

Robert.

Statistics: Posted by Easydrinker — Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:59 pm


]]>
2017-06-10T08:49:11+00:00 2017-06-10T08:49:11+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4563&p=43358#p43358 <![CDATA[Re: What is the best water to use - RO,Spring,Distilled or T]]> Statistics: Posted by Ted — Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:49 am


]]>
2017-06-09T20:56:26+00:00 2017-06-09T20:56:26+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4563&p=43339#p43339 <![CDATA[Re: What is the best water to use - RO,Spring,Distilled or T]]> Use tap water for your wash, and any form of better water for diluting spirit.
I favour bottled spring water.
It works for me.

Robert.

Statistics: Posted by Easydrinker — Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:56 pm


]]>
2017-06-09T12:34:43+00:00 2017-06-09T12:34:43+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4563&p=43337#p43337 <![CDATA[Re: What is the best water to use - RO,Spring,Distilled or T]]>
I knew that RO/DI is reactive - as my final aim is to produce gin I was thinking that being reactive might assist in taking on flavours.

The question still stands though - RO, distilled or spring water for dilutions?

Statistics: Posted by Ted — Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:34 pm


]]>
2017-06-08T21:14:12+00:00 2017-06-08T21:14:12+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4563&p=43328#p43328 <![CDATA[Re: What is the best water to use - RO,Spring,Distilled or T]]>

Statistics: Posted by packapoo — Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:14 pm


]]>
2017-06-08T12:14:40+00:00 2017-06-08T12:14:40+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4563&p=43322#p43322 <![CDATA[What is the best water to use - RO,Spring,Distilled or Tap?]]>

Ted wrote:
Thanks for the reply. Just to clarify, to achieve the 0ppm purity it's de-ionised RO water. I guess there's two parts to me question:

Firstly is there a 'scientific' reason why I shouldn't even consider using the RO water? For example, because it's de-ionised the RO water is more reactive than distilled water.

Secondly and purely on the basis of the taste of the final product am I simply better going with either distilled or spring water?


So is RO, distilled, Bottled Spring or tap water best ?

Statistics: Posted by Mash — Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:14 pm


]]>