StillSmart Home distillation made easy! 2018-09-12T22:22:03+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/feed.php?f=2&t=4732 2018-09-12T22:22:03+00:00 2018-09-12T22:22:03+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4732&p=49630#p49630 <![CDATA[Re: A case for Still Spirits Pure.]]> Racking to a clean vessel,after fermentation has ceased, and so leaving some crud behind will help.
As will letting it settle in a cool place/on a cold floor.

Robert.

Statistics: Posted by Easydrinker — Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:22 pm


]]>
2018-09-12T14:42:35+00:00 2018-09-12T14:42:35+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4732&p=49624#p49624 <![CDATA[Re: A case for Still Spirits Pure.]]>
many thanks

Statistics: Posted by stevieboy2k — Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:42 pm


]]>
2017-12-27T12:20:15+00:00 2017-12-27T12:20:15+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4732&p=46010#p46010 <![CDATA[Re: A case for Still Spirits Pure.]]>
I suppose it depends on what floats your boat.

Might buy one too try, but am never gonna be a convert. When I have a garden full of Kale and measure my yeast stash in kilo's :D

Statistics: Posted by Mash — Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:20 pm


]]>
2017-12-27T12:19:11+00:00 2017-12-27T12:19:11+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4732&p=46009#p46009 <![CDATA[Re: A case for Still Spirits Pure.]]> Statistics: Posted by Brewhunter — Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:19 pm


]]>
2017-12-27T12:02:51+00:00 2017-12-27T12:02:51+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4732&p=46007#p46007 <![CDATA[Re: A case for Still Spirits Pure.]]>
It's just largely ignored as for the reasons in my original post.

Regards, Marc.

Statistics: Posted by Duffer26 — Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:02 pm


]]>
2017-12-27T11:56:25+00:00 2017-12-27T11:56:25+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4732&p=46006#p46006 <![CDATA[Re: A case for Still Spirits Pure.]]>
Curmudgeon wrote:
My vague recollection is that the airstil used to come with "alcotec turbo 48" and it was nasty and is what most of us are thinking of.

If it now comes with a different yeast, then that's a big improvement.


The airstill now comes with Turbo Pure which is a rebadged version of the previous Triple Distilled yeast. Both of which are still spirits own brand. It takes about a week to ferment out at 20 degrees. Ive never used the alcotec so I've no idea if it's an improvement.

Statistics: Posted by ITMA — Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:56 am


]]>
2017-12-27T06:27:29+00:00 2017-12-27T06:27:29+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4732&p=46003#p46003 <![CDATA[Re: A case for Still Spirits Pure.]]>
RumJohn wrote:
@Duffer26. I dont use carbon or filter and part of the process. If you make it properly in the first place its not necessary.
....



Nicely put RJ

Statistics: Posted by Mash — Wed Dec 27, 2017 6:27 am


]]>
2017-12-26T23:33:30+00:00 2017-12-26T23:33:30+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4732&p=45997#p45997 <![CDATA[Re: A case for Still Spirits Pure.]]> Statistics: Posted by RumJohn — Tue Dec 26, 2017 11:33 pm


]]>
2017-12-26T21:14:11+00:00 2017-12-26T21:14:11+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4732&p=45996#p45996 <![CDATA[Re: A case for Still Spirits Pure.]]> Statistics: Posted by Duffer26 — Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:14 pm


]]>
2017-12-26T19:08:13+00:00 2017-12-26T19:08:13+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4732&p=45995#p45995 <![CDATA[Re: A case for Still Spirits Pure.]]>
Duffer26 wrote:
No, I don't use carbon in my wash, (not that I ever had any problems with it) nor do I use any finings.

With my still (Alan Manning) there's not a lot to be achieved with filtering, but
as I have an Essencia I do it anyway.

Regs, Marc.


Okay, so guessing you've tried it pre-filter. Yes/No :o

If so what's the verdict ???

I can produce decent booze without filter - don't even possess one and not about to start even if Essencia's are still available here.
Would bypass my no turbo as a trial tho'...

Statistics: Posted by packapoo — Tue Dec 26, 2017 7:08 pm


]]>
2017-12-26T16:18:33+00:00 2017-12-26T16:18:33+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4732&p=45992#p45992 <![CDATA[Re: A case for Still Spirits Pure.]]>
If it now comes with a different yeast, then that's a big improvement.

Statistics: Posted by Curmudgeon — Tue Dec 26, 2017 4:18 pm


]]>
2017-12-25T20:50:43+00:00 2017-12-25T20:50:43+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4732&p=45987#p45987 <![CDATA[Re: A case for Still Spirits Pure.]]> It only adds to the party.
Carbon in the wash I only ever found to be a messy PITA.
Tried finings, on occasion, these days I use time.

Robert.

Statistics: Posted by Easydrinker — Mon Dec 25, 2017 8:50 pm


]]>
2017-12-25T18:03:56+00:00 2017-12-25T18:03:56+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4732&p=45984#p45984 <![CDATA[Re: A case for Still Spirits Pure.]]>
With my still (Alan Manning) there's not a lot to be achieved with filtering, but
as I have an Essencia I do it anyway.

Regs, Marc.

Statistics: Posted by Duffer26 — Mon Dec 25, 2017 6:03 pm


]]>
2017-12-25T17:49:19+00:00 2017-12-25T17:49:19+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4732&p=45982#p45982 <![CDATA[Re: A case for Still Spirits Pure.]]> Statistics: Posted by packapoo — Mon Dec 25, 2017 5:49 pm


]]>
2017-12-23T11:31:57+00:00 2017-12-23T11:31:57+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4732&p=45928#p45928 <![CDATA[Re: A case for Still Spirits Pure.]]> Statistics: Posted by Duffer26 — Sat Dec 23, 2017 11:31 am


]]>