StillSmart Home distillation made easy! 2015-09-15T04:49:31+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/feed.php?f=10&t=3637 2015-09-15T04:49:31+00:00 2015-09-15T04:49:31+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3637&p=28123#p28123 <![CDATA[Re: Speidel Braumeister]]> Statistics: Posted by packapoo — Tue Sep 15, 2015 4:49 am


]]>
2015-09-14T22:48:47+00:00 2015-09-14T22:48:47+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3637&p=28119#p28119 <![CDATA[Re: Speidel Braumeister]]>
A mini mag pump and s split RIMS kit from www.brewuk.co.uk


Image

Statistics: Posted by Anavrin — Mon Sep 14, 2015 10:48 pm


]]>
2015-09-12T07:31:24+00:00 2015-09-12T07:31:24+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3637&p=28067#p28067 <![CDATA[Re: Speidel Braumeister]]>
I've been seriously considering buying the Braumeister it's such a nice peice of kit, but the pennies in my pocket say a big fat No :(

Especially scince I needed some more bits from StillDragon, I bought the parrot kit a month ago after I managed to get them to drop the price but needed the long product condensor and a 180° bend to finally complete my SD Build, anyway I ordered them last night.

I'm thinking it's going to have to be a self build, I'm toying with the idea of simply upgrading my Mash Tun with a rims setup, BrewUK do a rims kit for £88, I already have heating elements to fit so I would just need a pump, I could always upgrade it later with a malt tube and heating element to make a complete all in one system.

Statistics: Posted by Anavrin — Sat Sep 12, 2015 7:31 am


]]>
2015-09-11T07:13:15+00:00 2015-09-11T07:13:15+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3637&p=28056#p28056 <![CDATA[Re: Speidel Braumeister]]>

Statistics: Posted by Icefever — Fri Sep 11, 2015 7:13 am


]]>
2015-09-07T18:14:26+00:00 2015-09-07T18:14:26+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3637&p=28001#p28001 <![CDATA[Re: Speidel Braumeister]]> here I've got this one.

Statistics: Posted by Icefever — Mon Sep 07, 2015 6:14 pm


]]>
2015-09-07T17:18:06+00:00 2015-09-07T17:18:06+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3637&p=27999#p27999 <![CDATA[Re: Speidel Braumeister]]>
Icefever wrote:
I can't find the info on the pump at the moment..will have another look tonight.


Nail a pump on the side and call it a "Grain-Meister "

Statistics: Posted by Mash — Mon Sep 07, 2015 5:18 pm


]]>
2015-09-07T08:48:31+00:00 2015-09-07T08:48:31+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3637&p=27993#p27993 <![CDATA[Re: Speidel Braumeister]]> Link here

Another controller...Link here

Another build....Link here

I can't find the info on the pump at the moment..will have another look tonight.

Statistics: Posted by Icefever — Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:48 am


]]>
2015-09-07T07:02:26+00:00 2015-09-07T07:02:26+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3637&p=27990#p27990 <![CDATA[Re: Speidel Braumeister]]>
Easydrinker wrote:
I find Mashy's maths a bit odd,as the six or eight (Hobgoblin,Theakston's OP,Speckled Hen and the like) beers that I usually buy in bottles cost only £1.25

Robert.



North south divide :D

Statistics: Posted by Mash — Mon Sep 07, 2015 7:02 am


]]>
2015-09-07T03:15:24+00:00 2015-09-07T03:15:24+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3637&p=27984#p27984 <![CDATA[Re: Speidel Braumeister]]>

Statistics: Posted by Icefever — Mon Sep 07, 2015 3:15 am


]]>
2015-09-06T19:48:19+00:00 2015-09-06T19:48:19+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3637&p=27970#p27970 <![CDATA[Re: Speidel Braumeister]]>
I'm also gonna get a magnetically coupled chugger pump, a bendable element and the Italian controller.

@Icefever, you said you compiled a list of parts, did you have a particular pump and heating element in mind?

Statistics: Posted by Anavrin — Sun Sep 06, 2015 7:48 pm


]]>
2015-09-05T23:45:40+00:00 2015-09-05T23:45:40+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3637&p=27963#p27963 <![CDATA[Re: Speidel Braumeister]]> If I wanted to brew beer,then I would probably do a dodgy deal or two,or rob a post office and buy one.
I don't think that the effort and cost required to build one,would yield the cost saving and satsfaction of building a still.Not to me anyway.
I find Mashy's maths a bit odd,as the six or eight (Hobgoblin,Theakston's OP,Speckled Hen and the like) beers that I usually buy in bottles cost only £1.25,and I would need to produce in excess of 1,000 bottles plus to cover costs.
Anyway,my only requirement for mashing is to produce a fermentable wash for AG whiskies.
For that two minutes re-connecting the built in heating element of my urn based boiler to the thermostat seems to work fine.
I like beer,but I love whiskies.

Robert.

Statistics: Posted by Easydrinker — Sat Sep 05, 2015 11:45 pm


]]>
2015-09-05T13:06:31+00:00 2015-09-05T13:06:31+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3637&p=27955#p27955 <![CDATA[Re: Speidel Braumeister]]>
Mashy wrote:
Sometimes wives can be surprising. I certainly would have struggled with the decision more. my other half made it easy.



Same here...in fact mine just said "order the damn thing" I had to do as I was told..didn't I?? :D :D

Statistics: Posted by Icefever — Sat Sep 05, 2015 1:06 pm


]]>
2015-09-05T12:53:24+00:00 2015-09-05T12:53:24+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3637&p=27954#p27954 <![CDATA[Re: Speidel Braumeister]]>
Easydrinker wrote:
small,pink Winston Churchill.


Robert, that sounds quite rude - and you moderator as well - should be ashamed of yourself !

Statistics: Posted by Mash — Sat Sep 05, 2015 12:53 pm


]]>
2015-09-05T12:46:29+00:00 2015-09-05T12:46:29+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3637&p=27952#p27952 <![CDATA[Re: Speidel Braumeister]]>
Anavrin wrote:
But I can't justify the price...



I know - this is something I struggled with...
There was two or three points that made me think, a couple from my wife!

How much time is it saving me over a 3v setup. Time I could be doing something else because of a BM is semiautomatic (the only one that is) This is why I bleated on about the controller. It's true value is the fact it can be programmed & left.

How much time will it cost/ or spend building it, & then refining it?
And there is a risk if it fails, or does not get finished (not ever ever ever ever ever done that before :D )

What is the cost of my time?

Financially - if I bought the same amount of beer. It would perhaps be 8 - 10 brews before I broke even.
23l brew = 40 bottles @ £2.50 = £100 - £10 ingredients. Profit £90
10 Brews £900

Sometimes wives can be surprising. I certainly would have struggled with the decision more. my other half made it easy.

Statistics: Posted by Mash — Sat Sep 05, 2015 12:46 pm


]]>
2015-09-05T11:08:09+00:00 2015-09-05T11:08:09+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3637&p=27949#p27949 <![CDATA[Re: Speidel Braumeister]]>
Anavrin wrote:
my budget for the build is £300-£400
I think I've got a good chance of pulling this off :)



Go for it..if you hit the price range that's a big saving....as I said before I've spent hours building up a list of parts and where to get them.
I didn't think about buying the malt pipe I must admit.. ::) If you do build one don't forget to post about it on here.

Statistics: Posted by Icefever — Sat Sep 05, 2015 11:08 am


]]>