StillSmart Home distillation made easy! 2017-04-24T23:15:27+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/feed.php?f=5&t=4526 2017-04-24T23:15:27+00:00 2017-04-24T23:15:27+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4526&p=42820#p42820 <![CDATA[Re: F.D.A. Issues Warnings On Using Lead Crystal]]>
Curmudgeon wrote:
Rather like the grumpy forum is obsessed with plastics, I think we need to establish difference between passing contact and long term storage.

My high strength alcohol touches plastic seals in passing for a fraction of a second and they are food grade if not full teflon.

Alcohol in a glass containing lead will be there for a few minutes at most at my drinking rate, then contact my mouth and throat etc that are much more permeable/less resistant than plastic, then sit in my stomach and work its way through organs.

In short, don't drink alcohol as it's a poison, or do and enjoy it. We avoid fores, heads, tails etc and our alcohol is less harmful/purer than shop bought. I know newbies find that hard to believe, but it's true.

edit : choose Africa, soviet states etc where people actually die from dodgy distilled spirits and I challenge you to find a news story where it was accidentally shit "cheap" spirits and not where spirits were deliberately cut with methanol etc to improve profits.


Nice post Curmudgeon.
Hitting the button, me thinks.

Robert.

Statistics: Posted by Easydrinker — Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:15 pm


]]>
2017-04-24T21:53:14+00:00 2017-04-24T21:53:14+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4526&p=42816#p42816 <![CDATA[Re: F.D.A. Issues Warnings On Using Lead Crystal]]>

Statistics: Posted by packapoo — Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:53 pm


]]>
2017-04-24T05:15:29+00:00 2017-04-24T05:15:29+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4526&p=42804#p42804 <![CDATA[Re: F.D.A. Issues Warnings On Using Lead Crystal]]>
My high strength alcohol touches plastic seals in passing for a fraction of a second and they are food grade if not full teflon.

Alcohol in a glass containing lead will be there for a few minutes at most at my drinking rate, then contact my mouth and throat etc that are much more permeable/less resistant than plastic, then sit in my stomach and work its way through organs.

In short, don't drink alcohol as it's a poison, or do and enjoy it. We avoid fores, heads, tails etc and our alcohol is less harmful/purer than shop bought. I know newbies find that hard to believe, but it's true.

edit : choose Africa, soviet states etc where people actually die from dodgy distilled spirits and I challenge you to find a news story where it was accidentally shit "cheap" spirits and not where spirits were deliberately cut with methanol etc to improve profits.

Statistics: Posted by Curmudgeon — Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:15 am


]]>
2017-04-18T21:33:58+00:00 2017-04-18T21:33:58+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4526&p=42715#p42715 <![CDATA[Re: F.D.A. Issues Warnings On Using Lead Crystal]]> It is perhaps pertinent that this issue re-surfaces now.

I must admit that it came as a surprise to me a couple of years ago.

These days,I happily drink from Pb glassware, but no longer use lead cystal decanters, and I am now TOO old for lead poisoning to have much effect upon my life.

Your body, do with it as you wish. ;D ;D

Robert.

Statistics: Posted by Easydrinker — Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:33 pm


]]>
2017-04-18T21:12:47+00:00 2017-04-18T21:12:47+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4526&p=42714#p42714 <![CDATA[F.D.A. Issues Warnings On Using Lead Crystal]]> http://www.nytimes.com/1991/02/20/garden/fda-issues-warnings-on-using-lead-crystal.html

Statistics: Posted by tealby — Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:12 pm


]]>