StillSmart Home distillation made easy! 2018-06-01T05:20:13+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/feed.php?f=3&t=4902 2018-06-01T05:20:13+00:00 2018-06-01T05:20:13+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4902&p=48680#p48680 <![CDATA[Re: Compounding my run of bad luck...]]>
You could replace it with one of these German mash boilers then, make your AG easier.

https://www.expondo.de/royal-catering-b ... -watt-1891

Statistics: Posted by Mash — Fri Jun 01, 2018 5:20 am


]]>
2018-05-31T22:43:45+00:00 2018-05-31T22:43:45+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4902&p=48676#p48676 <![CDATA[Re: Compounding my run of bad luck...]]>
Mash wrote:
Can you drill the side and install a kettle element?


I prolly could, but it would be a recipe for disaster when using the same boiler as a wash tun for all grain!

Robert.

Statistics: Posted by Easydrinker — Thu May 31, 2018 10:43 pm


]]>
2018-05-31T05:45:46+00:00 2018-05-31T05:45:46+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4902&p=48673#p48673 <![CDATA[Re: Compounding my run of bad luck...]]>
Can you drill the side and install a kettle element?

Statistics: Posted by Mash — Thu May 31, 2018 5:45 am


]]>
2018-05-30T22:16:18+00:00 2018-05-30T22:16:18+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4902&p=48671#p48671 <![CDATA[Re: Compounding my run of bad luck...]]> Still, no pun intended, deciding between a straight boiler swap and a new build boiler and chopping the columns.
The expired boiler is a very low and squat profile, just what I need for the space that it has to inhabit.

I will post about the Essencia in the Filtering section.

Robert.

Statistics: Posted by Easydrinker — Wed May 30, 2018 10:16 pm


]]>
2018-05-30T18:33:36+00:00 2018-05-30T18:33:36+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4902&p=48667#p48667 <![CDATA[Re: Compounding my run of bad luck...]]> viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4677
this may help Robert.

Statistics: Posted by ninja_geezer — Wed May 30, 2018 6:33 pm


]]>
2018-05-30T18:31:27+00:00 2018-05-30T18:31:27+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4902&p=48666#p48666 <![CDATA[Re: Compounding my run of bad luck...]]>
Easydrinker wrote:
So within two days, the concealed element on my multi-purpose boiler burned out, and I Knocked the Essencia over, breaking both filter connections.
Dealing with the boiler here, some may find it an interesting read.

So, the boiler is not completely dead, it outputs around 340 Watts instead of 3000 at full power.
Not being in a state to plan a rebuild, and the only supplier of a swap in unit being a questionable supplier in Germany, I went with what I had.

I had never lagged the silly still for strips before, but having now done so, a nice steady 14 hours did the job instead of the usual 4. :o
I walked away and left it to do it's thing.

Spirit run with the very silly still was kind of similar, I lagged the boiler and slightly less pipe lagging on it's column, it took about 3 times the old time, but so gentle that I wandered off and pottered with other stuff.

This cost the usual amount of electricity per run, it just took longer.

The end product seems to be as expected.
It has been run thru my lashed together filter, but that is a post in another thread, maybe tomorrow.

Robert.

oh dear Robert we have had a bad day !!!!
one of my older post on here may be of use with the filter as i snapped my carbon part and the repair is spot on have a look it should help .

Statistics: Posted by ninja_geezer — Wed May 30, 2018 6:31 pm


]]>
2018-05-29T05:36:37+00:00 2018-05-29T05:36:37+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4902&p=48657#p48657 <![CDATA[Re: Compounding my run of bad luck...]]>
Looking forward to the next episode.

Statistics: Posted by Mash — Tue May 29, 2018 5:36 am


]]>
2018-05-28T23:07:14+00:00 2018-05-28T23:07:14+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4902&p=48656#p48656 <![CDATA[Compounding my run of bad luck...]]> Dealing with the boiler here, some may find it an interesting read.

So, the boiler is not completely dead, it outputs around 340 Watts instead of 3000 at full power.
Not being in a state to plan a rebuild, and the only supplier of a swap in unit being a questionable supplier in Germany, I went with what I had.

I had never lagged the silly still for strips before, but having now done so, a nice steady 14 hours did the job instead of the usual 4. :o
I walked away and left it to do it's thing.

Spirit run with the very silly still was kind of similar, I lagged the boiler and slightly less pipe lagging on it's column, it took about 3 times the old time, but so gentle that I wandered off and pottered with other stuff.

This cost the usual amount of electricity per run, it just took longer.

The end product seems to be as expected.
It has been run thru my lashed together filter, but that is a post in another thread, maybe tomorrow.

Robert.

Statistics: Posted by Easydrinker — Mon May 28, 2018 11:07 pm


]]>