StillSmart Home distillation made easy! 2010-12-04T20:14:04+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/feed.php?f=11&t=415 2010-12-04T20:14:04+00:00 2010-12-04T20:14:04+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=415&p=4289#p4289 <![CDATA[Super Reflux in \"pot still mode\".....]]> Statistics: Posted by umpa — Sat Dec 04, 2010 8:14 pm


]]>
2010-11-14T16:02:32+00:00 2010-11-14T16:02:32+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=415&p=4057#p4057 <![CDATA[Super Reflux in \"pot still mode\".....]]> My previous attempt at making a reflux head extension, which didn\'t work. well it\'s about a metre of so long and I\'m thinking that I\'ll just cut it down some, then fit it with a 45 degree reduced \"T\" then I can cap off the top and the \"T\" section will become the inner part of a condenser @ 15 mm, so I should be able to make a reasonable length condenser with 22 mm as the outer, modding for water fittings etc.....

Statistics: Posted by Phantom — Sun Nov 14, 2010 4:02 pm


]]>
2010-11-08T12:24:28+00:00 2010-11-08T12:24:28+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=415&p=3993#p3993 <![CDATA[Super Reflux in \"pot still mode\".....]]> Statistics: Posted by marc83 — Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:24 pm


]]>
2010-11-06T22:27:17+00:00 2010-11-06T22:27:17+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=415&p=3970#p3970 <![CDATA[Super Reflux in \"pot still mode\".....]]> Even without saddles, rashig rings or copper mesh in the reflux chamber, it was still chucking the spirit out at 80% to start with......
Then the penny dropped, that it wouldn\'t be in proper \"pot still mode\" until I switched it off, disconnected the water supply to the reflux jacket, then switched it back on again.
Just let it go like that. Left it running until I had about a gallon and a half, at which time, it was still measuring up at 40%, but the thermometer was saying 99.6 C so I switched it off.
Don\'t know if there would have been any more alcohol to extract though........ it was just a \"stripping\" run......
regards
P.

Statistics: Posted by Phantom — Sat Nov 06, 2010 10:27 pm


]]>