StillSmart Home distillation made easy! 2018-11-29T20:02:19+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/feed.php?f=1&t=4960 2018-11-29T20:02:19+00:00 2018-11-29T20:02:19+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4960&p=50151#p50151 <![CDATA[Re: anyone tried peated malt for their whisky.]]> I don't know if this any use further to TOPER'S post, I have used them and UK delivery is about £6.00
https://www.geterbrewed.com/crisp-premi ... c-3.0-4.5/

Statistics: Posted by Arf — Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:02 pm


]]>
2018-11-05T06:25:03+00:00 2018-11-05T06:25:03+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4960&p=50048#p50048 <![CDATA[Re: anyone tried peated malt for their whisky.]]>
Runningman wrote:
Hi Mash
Do you know how Peaty/Smokey this malt is in PPM's. What are their shipping rates. Any advice very much appreciated.
regards
RM


Give them a ring. They are a great crowd.

I think they focus on brewers not distillers though. So they are supplying this as an adjunct.

Statistics: Posted by Mash — Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:25 am


]]>
2018-11-05T01:10:09+00:00 2018-11-05T01:10:09+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4960&p=50045#p50045 <![CDATA[Re: anyone tried peated malt for their whisky.]]> Not saying this supplier.
Just saying.

Robert.

Statistics: Posted by Easydrinker — Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:10 am


]]>
2018-11-04T11:55:44+00:00 2018-11-04T11:55:44+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4960&p=50041#p50041 <![CDATA[Re: anyone tried peated malt for their whisky.]]> Do you know how Peaty/Smokey this malt is in PPM's. What are their shipping rates. Any advice very much appreciated.
regards
RM

Statistics: Posted by Runningman — Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:55 am


]]>
2018-11-04T08:36:13+00:00 2018-11-04T08:36:13+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4960&p=50040#p50040 <![CDATA[Re: anyone tried peated malt for their whisky.]]>
https://www.brewersselect.co.uk/peated-malt/

I know they will ship single sacks too.

Statistics: Posted by Mash — Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:36 am


]]>
2018-11-04T08:14:55+00:00 2018-11-04T08:14:55+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4960&p=50039#p50039 <![CDATA[Re: anyone tried peated malt for their whisky.]]>
For those of us who use peated malt, such a source would be invaluable.

Statistics: Posted by Toper — Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:14 am


]]>
2018-11-04T06:05:43+00:00 2018-11-04T06:05:43+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4960&p=50037#p50037 <![CDATA[Re: anyone tried peated malt for their whisky.]]>
That looks good. Having spent a lot of time modding this sort of machine, the nice thing hear is its simplicity. Cracking value.

Reckon you add an ALVA controller to get programabilty and make this into a ROBOstill?

Statistics: Posted by Mash — Sun Nov 04, 2018 6:05 am


]]>
2018-11-03T22:07:39+00:00 2018-11-03T22:07:39+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4960&p=50035#p50035 <![CDATA[Re: anyone tried peated malt for their whisky.]]> https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Robobrew-35L ... 2843006677

It has good reviews and VFM 100%

Statistics: Posted by gaza the instructor — Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:07 pm


]]>
2018-11-03T20:38:42+00:00 2018-11-03T20:38:42+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4960&p=50034#p50034 <![CDATA[Re: anyone tried peated malt for their whisky.]]>
Easydrinker wrote:
I may have missed it, but did not see in ITMA's or toper's posts the use of fancy brewing apparatus.
I am very basic,I use my still boiler as a mash tun.
It is time consuming and messy, but it works.
Different strokes for different folks.

Robert.


I'm on the Grainfather which I've been using for Beer for a few years. And of course it's also my still boiler.

Would love a less fancy system with a bigger batch size, but I've got a kitchen which is terrible for brewing - one day I'll have a garage or similar micro (scratch that - nano or pico - customers: 1) brewery set up.

Statistics: Posted by ITMA — Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:38 pm


]]>
2018-11-03T06:25:40+00:00 2018-11-03T06:25:40+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4960&p=50031#p50031 <![CDATA[Re: anyone tried peated malt for their whisky.]]>
gaza the instructor wrote:
Bit of both mate so Bulldog looks good value.
Like the look of that first one as well.


The bulldog is a good enough unit. If a bit tinny, but better and easier to use than a GF.

The cammuri dealer is in Bedford but it is an entry level pro machine.

Don't buy a BM.

Statistics: Posted by Mash — Sat Nov 03, 2018 6:25 am


]]>
2018-11-03T01:45:20+00:00 2018-11-03T01:45:20+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4960&p=50028#p50028 <![CDATA[Re: anyone tried peated malt for their whisky.]]> I am very basic,I use my still boiler as a mash tun.
It is time consuming and messy, but it works.
Different strokes for different folks.

Robert.

Statistics: Posted by Easydrinker — Sat Nov 03, 2018 1:45 am


]]>
2018-11-02T18:09:27+00:00 2018-11-02T18:09:27+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4960&p=50023#p50023 <![CDATA[Re: anyone tried peated malt for their whisky.]]> Like the look of that first one as well.

Statistics: Posted by gaza the instructor — Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:09 pm


]]>
2018-11-02T15:47:49+00:00 2018-11-02T15:47:49+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4960&p=50022#p50022 <![CDATA[Re: anyone tried peated malt for their whisky.]]>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70Oo7yX ... e=youtu.be

http://www.camurri.it/en/portfolioentry ... -mod-cb-50

Statistics: Posted by Mash — Fri Nov 02, 2018 3:47 pm


]]>
2018-11-01T20:00:48+00:00 2018-11-01T20:00:48+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4960&p=50019#p50019 <![CDATA[Re: anyone tried peated malt for their whisky.]]> Am finally going to buy an all in one brewer
probably a Bulldog.

Statistics: Posted by gaza the instructor — Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:00 pm


]]>
2018-11-01T16:36:37+00:00 2018-11-01T16:36:37+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4960&p=50018#p50018 <![CDATA[Re: anyone tried peated malt for their whisky.]]> https://www.brewersselect.co.uk

Good range. Good crowd. Good prices. Quite happy to do single bag sales.

Statistics: Posted by Mash — Thu Nov 01, 2018 4:36 pm


]]>