StillSmart Home distillation made easy! 2017-08-25T23:20:59+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/feed.php?f=2&t=4641 2017-08-25T23:20:59+00:00 2017-08-25T23:20:59+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4641&p=44436#p44436 <![CDATA[Re: 'Pure' yeast -fermenting at 24degrees ?]]> Some that have worked with them for years would argue.
You may try various things, and decide for youreslf.
Eventually you will find what works for you.

My only concern here is that you try to make cuts, as detailed on this site.
And do not drink the stuff from either end of the spirit run.
AND DO NOT DRINK THE STRIP!


Robert.

Statistics: Posted by Easydrinker — Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:20 pm


]]>
2017-08-25T06:43:17+00:00 2017-08-25T06:43:17+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4641&p=44428#p44428 <![CDATA[Re: 'Pure' yeast -fermenting at 24degrees ?]]>
You will not kill it, but you may have off flavours.

Statistics: Posted by Mash — Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:43 am


]]>
2017-08-24T22:13:03+00:00 2017-08-24T22:13:03+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4641&p=44424#p44424 <![CDATA[Re: 'Pure' yeast -fermenting at 24degrees ?]]> I never worried about it going above, although vigorous ferments can indeed generate a lot of heat.
I personally would not worry in this case.

These days I have moved to much simpler washes, also much cheaper, using Allinson's bread yeast that seems to work best at 28-30°C.
You will learn, and gain an awful lot of self confidience really quickly.
Stick with it. ;)

Robert.

Statistics: Posted by Easydrinker — Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:13 pm


]]>
2017-08-24T07:59:14+00:00 2017-08-24T07:59:14+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4641&p=44423#p44423 <![CDATA['Pure' yeast -fermenting at 24degrees ?]]> Is that 'normal' or am I risking killing the yeast?

Statistics: Posted by JohnD — Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:59 am


]]>