StillSmart Home distillation made easy! 2011-06-26T15:18:26+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/feed.php?f=6&t=587 2011-06-26T15:18:26+00:00 2011-06-26T15:18:26+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=587&p=5157#p5157 <![CDATA[Did this]]>
Secondly I put bourbon chips int a 5 litre demi john added four 3 inch by half inch stripps of charred American White Oak, some profile A, Vanilla, Glycerine, peat smoke and caramel. It is now a nice dark Golden Colour so will see how that pans out. Had enough profile kit to make a lowland whisky and a teachers black label. I will be interested to compare the lot in the days and wks ahead.

Forgot to say I put some charred american White Oak into 500 mls of 40% spirit to see how that develops compaired to the untreated Oak.

I am now going to try some recipes without the use of Turbos and such like. Stuff from Home Distiller etc. Will let you know in due course how I fair.

PS I was short befor the change over now I short 2. I should have made that to short but it never occurred to me until now. Happy brewing short 2

Statistics: Posted by short2 — Sun Jun 26, 2011 3:18 pm


]]>