StillSmart Home distillation made easy! 2010-01-18T02:24:46+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/feed.php?f=6&t=217 2010-01-18T02:24:46+00:00 2010-01-18T02:24:46+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=217&p=1972#p1972 <![CDATA[HELP Vody taste like metho]]>
I have some clear spirit and will try it.
I make 5 liters at a time.
Thanks Guys.

Statistics: Posted by Andy — Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:24 am


]]>
2010-01-17T20:20:00+00:00 2010-01-17T20:20:00+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=217&p=1970#p1970 <![CDATA[HELP Vody taste like metho]]> Opus

Statistics: Posted by Opus 27 — Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:20 pm


]]>
2010-01-17T17:12:15+00:00 2010-01-17T17:12:15+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=217&p=1967#p1967 <![CDATA[HELP Vody taste like metho]]> Personally, I don\'t flavour any \"normal\" vodka, there\'s no need. If it\'s supposed to be one that\'s got like a fruit or spice flavour then that\'s different, but if it\'s supposed to be a straight/normal vodka (a la smirnoff etc) then I just distill the spirit and let it down to 40%, then filter it.......
After all, \"proper\" vodka is supposed to be \"neutral\" in flavour......
I\'ve run some of my spirit past my colleague/professional vodka drinking Pole, and he says it\'s good (that was at about 85% though.....).
S\'up to you
regards
P

Statistics: Posted by Phantom — Sun Jan 17, 2010 5:12 pm


]]>
2010-01-17T12:53:54+00:00 2010-01-17T12:53:54+00:00 http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=217&p=1966#p1966 <![CDATA[HELP Vody taste like metho]]>
Just before Christmas (15/12) I made a batch of Vodka, Still Spirits Original - my usual.

Last night I opened a bottle and bugger me it tastes just like metho.

What has gone wrong?

Could I run it through the filter to remove the taste?

If I do, will I need to re-flavor?

Thanks in advance.

Andrew
PS - I forgot, I needed this for next weekend.

Statistics: Posted by Andy — Sun Jan 17, 2010 12:53 pm


]]>