Page 1 of 1
Glycerine

Posted:
Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:12 pm
by H12rpo
Who adds some for 'mouth feel'?
What's your experience.......I.e. What drink do you add it to and how much?
Re: Glycerine

Posted:
Sun Jul 23, 2017 6:19 am
by Mash
Use with care. Supplies are not consistent and toooooo much is yuk. Once added it cannot be modified.
Also has a sweetening effect.
Add by syringe 2.5ml per 5l is normal max.
Bench trialing is safer.
Re: Glycerine

Posted:
Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:19 pm
by Easydrinker
Not something that I use often, but I used some earlier this year in an orange spirit that I made. I then finished the job with a little Maple syrup, similar effect, with a subtle flavour boost.
You should not find it needed in any liquer where sugar has been added.
Or any neutral.
Whisky/whiskey shouldn't call for it.
It is one of those things that is worth trying if you feel that what you have made is lacking "something".
Very subjective...
There are no rules.
Robert.
Re: Glycerine

Posted:
Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:26 am
by Mash
Good point Robert. Not really needed IMO.
Re: Glycerine

Posted:
Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:05 pm
by H12rpo
thanks guys I'm minded to try a minuscule amount in some scotch just so that I can see what difference it makes "..........the note about quantity above is. Dry useful thanks cos without that I would've just added a squirt to a bottle .......whoops!
Re: Glycerine

Posted:
Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:16 pm
by gaza the instructor
Its cheap to buy and has its uses
Re: Glycerine

Posted:
Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:01 pm
by Easydrinker
I have yet to try it as a "personal lubricant"
Robert.
Re: Glycerine

Posted:
Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:21 am
by Mash
Worth a try. It might work for you.
Also good as eCig juice.
Be aware the stuff in the cake isle is very much thinner than the proper stuff that you buy in larger quantities online.
Re: Glycerine

Posted:
Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:25 am
by Easydrinker
My commercial duty stuff was a bit thick for e-cigs back in the day that I did, cutting it with 93% helped but it had no flavour.
I never saw sense in buying in flavour to add to base essence.
It was really cheap to buy in flavoured ready to use stuff from China.
Same pollutents/poisons anyways.
Robert.
Re: Glycerine

Posted:
Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:02 am
by packapoo
Okay, we have your e-cig report.....How far off is your 'personal lubricant report'....

Re: Glycerine

Posted:
Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:11 pm
by Easydrinker
Just rub it on, wherever needed, seems to work for me
Robert