Page 1 of 1

100ml Syringe + PVC tube

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:18 pm
by mozr
Image

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Large-Big-Gia ... 25681dda64

I am crap at getting that last litre out of the ferment bucket when siphoning my wash.

Solution. I can siphon 23 litres off a 25 litre wash no problem. Then I decant the last two litres into a jar. When it settles I use my syringe to suck out another litre, giving me my 24 litres.

100ml x 10 only take 2 minutes.

I know its plastic, but its only 12-15% wash, and its not being used to store, just transport.

I love my syringe (NO! I do not use it for enemas), so I thought I would share.

Moz

Re: 100ml Syringe + PVC tube

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:45 am
by Jimmy
Nice idea! Plastic should be OK for wash strength anyway, just distilled product that might be questionable.

If you work it out roughly - if you get an extra litre at 15% out of each wash, then that's 4 batches to charge an AirStill and get probably 750ml at 45 - 50% out, so to all intents and purposes an extra bottle of vodka - it's paid for itself already!

Re: 100ml Syringe + PVC tube

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:45 pm
by RickyRasper
You could try using a stainless steel icing syringe or a glass baster. Better still let your wet mash hang in a muslin cloth and collect over night in a pot and please don't squeeze the liquid out of the mash. Always leave a share for the Angels!!!

Re: 100ml Syringe + PVC tube

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:31 pm
by John51
Neat tip.

I already have a 100ml syringe, I use it to clean the airstill condensor tube. About 2 hours after the run is finished, I squirt 2 syringe full of hot water through the tube.

Re: 100ml Syringe + PVC tube

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:42 pm
by mozr
I have never cleaned my airstill tubes.

I must confess that my cleaning routine is not as rigourous as it once was.

Not made any difference either.

Re: 100ml Syringe + PVC tube

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:24 pm
by John51
I never cleaned the tubes on my previous airstill. As it was sold as a water distiller there were no instructions with it.

After a lot of use it threw a hissy fit with loads of vapour and that was with the power at 160 watts.

During a run it would gurlge and the new (and proper) airstill didn't gurgle until the run after I forgot to clean the tube. Might be coincidence but now I take any gurgling to be a sign that the tube needs a good clean.