Page 1 of 1
T500 first run

Posted:
Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:18 pm
by H12rpo
Used my first kale wash which fermentied for 2.weeks and 2 days and was made with 4 kg of sugar . A bit disappointed that I only got just shy of 1.5 litres of distillate albeit that it's over 90 %
If I used 5 kings of sugar would I get a better yield ?
Re: T500 first run

Posted:
Wed Jul 19, 2017 4:32 pm
by H12rpo
I think I maybe should've left it another 4 or 5 days fermenting (but I couldn't wait
Ah well
Re: T500 first run

Posted:
Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:40 pm
by packapoo
There seems to be an element of doubt in your starting - finishing points, so maybe extra time would have yielded a little more potential.
Having said that what you achieved shouldn't be dissed.
Keep in mind Mash's (I think it was him) words of wisdom....1 kg sugar per 5 litres of wash.
Apologies to whoever if I got the wrong guy...
Re: T500 first run

Posted:
Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:51 pm
by Easydrinker
Around 5Kg of sugar to 25 litres of water seems to be the maxim used by regulars here.
Using more sugar may lead to strong tasting neutrals.
You got some result.
And you are just starting.
It can only get better.
Dilute what you have to sub 30% and do a spirit run.
Make some cuts and learn what you are doing.
Robert.