Page 1 of 1
Anyone got a recipe for sorghum

Posted:
Tue Jul 04, 2017 1:48 pm
by H12rpo
Using sorghum flour or grains to make the Chinese spirit Baiju
I'm looking for a wash recipe
Many thanks
Re: Anyone got a recipe for sorghum

Posted:
Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:04 pm
by packapoo
No recipe but. Was given a bottle as a thank you for a job I did for a Chinese outfit in another life.
Man, it's rugged

Re: Anyone got a recipe for sorghum

Posted:
Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:26 am
by RumJohn
@H12rpo. It is the worst crap out. Even the expensive stuff is terrible. Two days after drinking it your still burping it up. Quality control generally doesn't come into it. However:
1 part old rocket fuel
2 parts flat battery acid
age for 10 minutes
It's also made from rice. Even worse.
Re: Anyone got a recipe for sorghum

Posted:
Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:47 am
by H12rpo
Haha brilliant!
I study Kung fu and my Shifu raves about the stuff. I have to admit the one I tried , which incidentally contained an old stinking mushroom in the bottle was indeed disgusting and was meant to be a cure for an upset stomach !!!!
Re: Anyone got a recipe for sorghum

Posted:
Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:21 pm
by Easydrinker
Wise warrior know when drink is shite.
Wiser warrior maybe suspect Shifu windup?
Robert.
Re: Anyone got a recipe for sorghum

Posted:
Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:59 am
by RumJohn
@H12rpo. The Chinese are interesting drinkers. “In moderation” has nothing to do with it. To gain face they will buy an extremely expensive bottle of expensive wine and mix it with iced tea or Coke.
A new bar opening up want s to serve my rum. At a meeting last week with an owner, he asked if he could get my rum in 75 or 80%ABV, as his customers like it stronger. I refused. They get drunk enough as it is.
Many Asians also turn bright red when consuming alcohol.
Re: Anyone got a recipe for sorghum

Posted:
Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:53 am
by packapoo
RumJohn wrote:@H12rpo.
Many Asians also turn bright red when consuming alcohol.
That's helpful information RJ.....

Re: Anyone got a recipe for sorghum

Posted:
Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:41 am
by Easydrinker
My own experiences of Chinese excess are based upon an earlier life working in UK
casinos, as a croupier.
Many, many stories could be told here.
I'll go with the the one that having got a bunch of my usual table adversaries into a VERY exclusive night club, they paid me back by buying me so many Remy Martins that I just fed them to the carpet, helluva waste, but I had to drive home.
30 years ago, £3 a shot, then all ordered as doubles.
Robert.