Page 1 of 2

Adding an image to a post

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:38 am
by Jimmy
I've just added a new feature so that you can easily add an image to a post. If you look at the bottom of the posting box you'll see this (click for large version):


Image

You can then use the form that appears to upload an image - note the options at the top, meaning you can link to another image online or upload multiple images at once.


Image

Hopefully this makes things a little easier for everyone - any problems let me know.

Jimmy
O0

Re: Adding an image to a post

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:14 am
by StillWaters
Thanks Jimmy, but how do I add a picture to my details - like your Clint Eastwood one for example?

Re: Adding an image to a post

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:32 pm
by Almanac
If you go to the "User Control Panel" and select "Profile" you'll see an option on the left to "Edit Avatar" and you can upload your pretty face, or whatever, there.

BTW, Jimmy doesn't look anything like Clint, she's much prettier!! :D :D :D

AM 8)

Re: Adding an image to a post

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:09 am
by StillWaters
Thanks for that. I guess there is more to learn regarding terminology that there is in distilling? All the abbreviations are alien to me. I guess I'll pick them up as I go along?http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/posting.php?mode=reply&f=1&t=588#

Re: Adding an image to a post

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:54 am
by Frank
..something like this, mate ;D
Image

Re: Adding an image to a post

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 3:19 am
by Icefever
I've used photobucket for years now it's a great site. Easy to use, when I want to post a photo on any forum or blog I find my photo and just cut & paste the forum code into my post....job done. Using a site like photobucket doesn't store the photo on the forum server so that way It's not taking up space either. ;)

We need more photo's on the forum...what's the saying..a picture speaks a thousand words.

Icefever.

Re: Adding an image to a post

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 8:40 am
by Almanac
I think the reason for the declining number of photos posted here is that more and more members are accessing the forum from phones and other devices where they may not have direct access to their photo library.

AM 8)

Re: Adding an image to a post

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 2:45 am
by Easydrinker
Just a sticky update to say that my phone has a Gazillion images available.

Robert.

Re: Adding an image to a post

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 2:03 pm
by Benoit
I've only ever posted here from my phone, you can still add images

Benoit

Re: Adding an image to a post

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 4:15 pm
by Mash
I have just tried.
Look below the submit button.
On the right there should be "upload attachment". It will ask you for options (android) I selected documents.
Selected the pic.
Added. It took a while.
Came back with "place inline"

Voila.....

Screenshot_2016-02-17-07-19-46.png

Re: Adding an image to a post

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 4:29 pm
by Benoit
From an iPhone follow the below pics & hey presto

Image
Press the add image link

Image
Then hit browse

Image
Then select images from library


Benoit

Re: Adding an image to a post

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 12:33 am
by Easydrinker
Things have moved on in the world of software in the last few years for sure.

Robert.

Re: Adding an image to a post

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:02 pm
by H12rpo
Image


Saw this yesterday in the men's room of a 'craft ale' bar in town......you can see them but sink drains are fitted in the bottoms

Re: Adding an image to a post

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:22 pm
by Easydrinker
That is a Yuk! from me!

Robert.

Re: Adding an image to a post

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:42 am
by Mash
The tiling or piddling in a barrel?