Page 1 of 1
Mixing 2 Flavors ??

Posted:
Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:19 pm
by Andy
I was at the local home brew shop yesterday and this guy was buying Whiskey and a few other flavors.
I asked what the whiskey was like (a few friends keep asking for it, I dont drink whiskey) and he says \"I dont know I mix that with this and get a nice Kentucky Bourbon\"
Has anybody tried mixing and matching in this manor??
Mixing 2 Flavors ??

Posted:
Sun Apr 18, 2010 3:05 pm
by marc83
I was thinking about mixing a SS top shelf rye whiskey with an SS top shelf Bourbon into my spirit on oak once i drain it off.But instead i am going to make 3 seperate bottles,one with each essence and leave one just oaked spirit.Will mix the two essences next time.maybe the next lot i oak.
I have read a few posts with people mixing the two and apparently produces a good bourbon.worth a shot!
Mixing 2 Flavors ??

Posted:
Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:22 pm
by Phantom
I don\'t bother with all that. I just get the Still Spirits \"Classic\" range Tenessee sour mash and it makes quite a good one. The Kentucky Bourbon (same product range) is quite good as well, though I\'m more of a Jack Daniels person than a Wild Turkey/Jim Beam person.
Mixing 2 Flavors ??

Posted:
Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:24 pm
by marc83
Im yet to try the SS classic tenessee bourbon,must pick one up,im more of a JD drinker than JB drinker.
Im keen to try the mixing though,just to get the taste to my own liking.I guess thats where its at really.try and try again!
Mixing 2 Flavors ??

Posted:
Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:41 pm
by Opus 27
If your trying mixing flavours I would suggest trying the SS Whisky Profile Kit that\'s got all the flavours you could want.
Opus
Mixing 2 Flavors ??

Posted:
Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:44 pm
by optic
If your trying mixing flavours I would suggest trying the SS Whisky Profile Kit that\'s got all the flavours you could want.
Opus
I agree Opus27
the adjustments that you can make to a whisky/bourbon with the kit are almost endless and its great fun tinkering with the recipes
Optic
Mixing 2 Flavors ??

Posted:
Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:34 am
by Opus 27
Another option I\'ve tried tonight. Make the different flavours up as normal and mix in the glass as a sort of whisky cocktail. Just tried the SS Classic bourbon with one of my Profile whisky\'s mixed 50-50. Quite a nice drink.
Opus