Page 1 of 1

Stripping run Alembic

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:11 am
by ninja_geezer
I asked this question before i believe when using the air still.
when i run a 25 litre sugarwash VS or kale. using the t500 boiler with the alembic dome should i stop the strip at 30% or 20 %

Re: Stripping run Alembic

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:14 am
by ninja_geezer
Gazza told me 30% on a previous thread ,ive seen so many say 20%
just want to do the best way really, and yes robert i know there is more than one way ... ;D

Re: Stripping run Alembic

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:39 am
by gaza the instructor
Its up to you Ninja, but if you are running neutral
and diluting to 30% for the spirit run I stop at 30
after that its mostly water and there is not much more
anyways.
When I make whisky or flavoured spirits might run to
20 in hope of more flavour.

Re: Stripping run Alembic

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:10 am
by ninja_geezer
gaza the instructor wrote:Its up to you Ninja, but if you are running neutral
and diluting to 30% for the spirit run I stop at 30
after that its mostly water and there is not much more
anyways.
When I make whisky or flavoured spirits might run to
20 in hope of more flavour.


Cheers Gazza 30% it is then for me as im doing neutrals.
been getting good results using the alembic for the stip and T500 for the spirit run.. ;)