Gin
21 posts
• Page 1 of 2 • 1, 2
Gin
Hi after I've done my kale wash i want to do a gin wash now the question is about the column if i remove the copper saddles and put a parcel in their is juniper berries ect will it contain the flavours ? Of course behind the parcel i will put back the stainless steel saddles any advice oh it's a t500 still.
-

Robbo12 - Experienced Distiller

- Posts: 228
- Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2017 7:51 pm
- Location: North West England
- Stills: T500/ Airstill
Re: Gin
vino-tinto wrote:Here are the plans for my new Pot Still. EDIT: All fittings are ENDFEED
Picture of actual still
PDF version
https://www.dropbox.com/s/8alf5gf5gn6oi26/Pot%20still%202.pdf?dl=0
-

H12rpo - Senior Distiller

- Posts: 440
- Joined: Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:06 pm
- Location: Wales somewhere
- Stills: T500
Re: Gin
Once you have the bits it is measuring and soldering really. No too hard at all.
email still_smart@yahoo.com and stay in touch. More details viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4947
-

Mash - Master Distiller

- Posts: 4594
- Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:42 pm
- Location: Right here.
- Stills: SSSS
Re: Gin
I made it and been using it ?....it’s great. The only difficulty was heating up the large pipe all the way around for the soldering run, it took ages. I think the hot gas canister torch was at its limits.
-

H12rpo - Senior Distiller

- Posts: 440
- Joined: Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:06 pm
- Location: Wales somewhere
- Stills: T500
Re: Gin
Where would you put termometer on this still? What would be the best place? Would it be on part 8? Or it is not nessesary at all? Because I was thinking to make and use it instead of my t500 pot still.
-

Leatherman - Experienced Distiller

- Posts: 113
- Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:38 pm
Re: Gin
As I pot still I don't think it needs it. I would run this with a parrot and monitor output not temp and make cuts.
email still_smart@yahoo.com and stay in touch. More details viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4947
-

Mash - Master Distiller

- Posts: 4594
- Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:42 pm
- Location: Right here.
- Stills: SSSS
Re: Gin
What Mash says is good advice.
Personally on a pot still I do put a thermometer at the high point of the vapour path. However, and it is a BIG however, I only ever use it for one thing.
On a strip run it tells me when to turn off the power. There are other ways to do the same thing, I just find it convenient to use the vapour temperature to indicate the end of the run.
Personally on a pot still I do put a thermometer at the high point of the vapour path. However, and it is a BIG however, I only ever use it for one thing.
On a strip run it tells me when to turn off the power. There are other ways to do the same thing, I just find it convenient to use the vapour temperature to indicate the end of the run.
-

Myles - Master Distiller

- Posts: 692
- Joined: Tue May 07, 2013 12:43 pm
Re: Gin
That's not entering into the spirit of things. You want a glass parrot and a Web cam surely.
email still_smart@yahoo.com and stay in touch. More details viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4947
-

Mash - Master Distiller

- Posts: 4594
- Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:42 pm
- Location: Right here.
- Stills: SSSS
21 posts
• Page 1 of 2 • 1, 2
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest
