Page 1 of 1

rum pot

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:33 pm
by alan
started a rum-pot going the other day in time for Christmas, 4kg mixed fresh fruit
strawberries raspberries black currants kiwi fruit peaches plums.1gal 50%white rum,will keep adding more fruit and more rum till i get about 2 gallon
Iv just started 2.1/2ltr of the strawberry nickers dropper from the home distillers forum >:D alan

Re: rum pot

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 5:48 pm
by chill
Did you add sugar? I made up 12L this year following instructions that Google led me to. It called for half of the fruit's weight in white sugar. I think it was this one. I find it quite sweet for my tastes.

Chuck

Re: rum pot

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:30 pm
by alan
hi chill, i have not added any sugar to mine yet i will see what its like next time i add more fruit.alan