Page 1 of 1
Re: Parrot anyone?

Posted:
Tue Apr 21, 2015 1:27 am
by Easydrinker
Nice work there.
I did like the humour in your 1st post,saying that you were here to learn!
Looking forward to more of your experience.
Robert.
Re: Parrot anyone?

Posted:
Tue Apr 21, 2015 5:59 am
by Mash
I like these, but I am always left feeling that a refractometer does the job better for just a few bucks off eBay.
Re: Parrot anyone?

Posted:
Tue Apr 21, 2015 6:02 am
by Mash
Is the parrot in the last image that big it needs to be lifted with 2 hands ☺
Or put another way. .. what are the loops for?
Re: Parrot anyone?

Posted:
Tue Apr 21, 2015 7:22 am
by Almanac
Very artistic SP. I've also made many variants over the years and had loads of fun and frustration making them too. They can be quite fiddly when trying to solder multiple joints that are close together

It's why I have so little hair these days.
AidanMac

Re: Parrot anyone?

Posted:
Tue Apr 21, 2015 7:21 pm
by Anavrin
Here's my current incarnation

And talking about messing with copper, I've got a few unfinished projects

Re: Parrot anyone?

Posted:
Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:51 am
by Mash
Nice setup. Thanks for explaining.
Re: Parrot anyone?

Posted:
Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:42 am
by Spirits4BB
WoW............. What a set-up..

Re: Parrot anyone?

Posted:
Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:42 am
by Frank
Q: Parrot anyone?
A: No thanks mate, they simply provide further complexity by smearing cuts

(IMHO)
No matter, they are a great exhibition of metalcraft result (as your examples show) AND certainly have found their place in necessary distiller tool folklore.
Re: Parrot anyone?

Posted:
Wed Apr 22, 2015 1:19 pm
by Almanac
+1 Frank, that's why mine is confined to my stripper kit. I also draw off the Fores even before letting anything into the parrot, can't see the point of using any other time though
AidanMac

Re: Parrot anyone?

Posted:
Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:04 pm
by googe
Nice sp, always like the one with the handle, reminds me of a a beer jug lol. I've only ever made two parrots, took.almost two years to pull finger and make one lol.
Re: Parrot anyone?

Posted:
Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:55 am
by Frank
Steampunk wrote:..............
But then again this is a discussion on parrots that you have built not a thread about how to minimise smearing.
SP
Good point,
and IMHO 'yours' is more-than-fine (in appearance) and I trust it serves you well.