Turbo still 500
55 posts
• Page 1 of 4 • 1, 2, 3, 4
Turbo still 500
Wow been digging around on the net and found this new still made by brewcraft (still spirits) Looks awsome and the purity is top of its game!
http://www.westbrew.com.au/showProduct/ ... ls/0690007
I wonder when we could start to see it over here!
BOR
http://www.westbrew.com.au/showProduct/ ... ls/0690007
I wonder when we could start to see it over here!
BOR
-

Bottleofrum - Regular

- Posts: 91
- Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2009 2:28 am
- Location: UK
Turbo still 500
My local brew shop got one in the other week.
He hasnt had time to test it but said he would sell it for $600.
He didnt hold high hopes for more than 80% out of it (dont ask me why)
Looks real nice in the flesh.
He hasnt had time to test it but said he would sell it for $600.
He didnt hold high hopes for more than 80% out of it (dont ask me why)
Looks real nice in the flesh.
-

Andy - Senior Distiller

- Posts: 331
- Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 6:21 am
- Location: QLD
Turbo still 500
that is my local homebrew shop, lol
well near enough it's about 20 mins away
but $700 !!
you could get a super reflux for that
well near enough it's about 20 mins away
but $700 !!

you could get a super reflux for that
-

HangOver - Experienced Distiller

- Posts: 179
- Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:03 am
Turbo still 500
Quick update.
I was in the local today and the 500 that was on display was gone.
I asked what happened and the guy said he took it home to try it.
Long story short - he likes it, 4 liter\'s at 93% on the first run.
He will be doing a second run this weekend.
If its consistent I might buy me one of these LOL
I was in the local today and the 500 that was on display was gone.
I asked what happened and the guy said he took it home to try it.
Long story short - he likes it, 4 liter\'s at 93% on the first run.
He will be doing a second run this weekend.
If its consistent I might buy me one of these LOL
-

Andy - Senior Distiller

- Posts: 331
- Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 6:21 am
- Location: QLD
Turbo still 500
that sounds impressive
I would be moe interested in what it tasted like afterwards.
Did it need carbon filtering?
I would be moe interested in what it tasted like afterwards.
Did it need carbon filtering?
-

HangOver - Experienced Distiller

- Posts: 179
- Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:03 am
Turbo still 500
Damn! it\'s bloody annoying. You buggers down under, seem to have a number of makers/manufacturers who are producing some very good kit.
No one seems to be importing any of it over here......
Hell, if someone would import it to Italy then it\'d be worth the drive for a couple of days to go sight seeing and pick one up on the way........
Oh well, back to the drawing board to try and design one of my own making.....
No one seems to be importing any of it over here......
Hell, if someone would import it to Italy then it\'d be worth the drive for a couple of days to go sight seeing and pick one up on the way........
Oh well, back to the drawing board to try and design one of my own making.....
-

Phantom - Master Distiller

- Posts: 1460
- Joined: Sat Jun 14, 2008 6:31 pm
- Location: Land of Nod (South)
- Stills: smart still and T500
Turbo still 500
Had a word with richard, could be late this year
till we see them in the uk as they have such a high
demand for them over there at the moment. I\'ll wait...
till we see them in the uk as they have such a high
demand for them over there at the moment. I\'ll wait...

-

Bottleofrum - Regular

- Posts: 91
- Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2009 2:28 am
- Location: UK
Turbo still 500
Had a word with richard, could be late this year
till we see them in the uk as they have such a high
demand for them over there at the moment. I\'ll wait...![]()
Well yes, I could also wait, but I\'m also gonna continue to look into/plan/build something myself as I\'d like to have a greater capacity output. Not in quantity so much, but larger distilling ability i.e. a still that can output a couple of litres per hour would be great. It\'s mainly because I can\'t drink any more/faster, but I can be very impatient......... ;-P
-

Phantom - Master Distiller

- Posts: 1460
- Joined: Sat Jun 14, 2008 6:31 pm
- Location: Land of Nod (South)
- Stills: smart still and T500
Turbo still 500
Not sure if this is the same bit of kit but my local homebrew proprieter told me that someone was bringing out a still for the UK market which was in fact a modified version of their brewing boiler?
Opus
Opus
-

Opus 27 - Donated to StillSmart

- Posts: 451
- Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2009 11:18 pm
- Location: South West UK
Turbo still 500
that sounds impressive
I would be moe interested in what it tasted like afterwards.
Did it need carbon filtering?
I didnt think to ask, sorry.
I will be dropping in through the week to see how the second run went, I will ask and report back.
With any luck he might have some spirit to check (I did ask him to bring some raw stuff in)
-

Andy - Senior Distiller

- Posts: 331
- Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 6:21 am
- Location: QLD
Turbo still 500
cool.
I look forward to hearing what it;s like
I look forward to hearing what it;s like
-

HangOver - Experienced Distiller

- Posts: 179
- Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:03 am
Turbo still 500
Looks like a pretty sharp unit, but it would be hard to drop that kind of scratch knowing you could get some prime copper from Portugal for the same amount. Guess it depends on what you\'re making.
-

Alchemist - Newcomer
- Posts: 10
- Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:07 pm
Turbo still 500
Looks like a greatly improved version of their Super Reflux to me. Stil a hell of a lot of heat/power for a 25L Still and a lot of pennies to.
Opus 27
Opus 27
-

Opus 27 - Donated to StillSmart

- Posts: 451
- Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2009 11:18 pm
- Location: South West UK
Turbo still 500
I have ordered my T500 on Friday, should be a couple of days before it arrives - the local shop doesnt carry stock of them.
All the 5 runs the owner of the shop has done with the 500 have been around 90% and 95% and the straight uncut spirit is clear and clean to taste, yes I tried it (much better than the air still)
I have a sugar wash working now and hopefully it will be ready to run next weekend.
I followed the instructions of 6kg (down from
sugar and 21 liters water and 1 pack turbo yeast classic.
I will follow the instructions when running it, http://www.stillspirits.com/webfiles/St ... sion_2.pdf
Stay tuned LOL
All the 5 runs the owner of the shop has done with the 500 have been around 90% and 95% and the straight uncut spirit is clear and clean to taste, yes I tried it (much better than the air still)
I have a sugar wash working now and hopefully it will be ready to run next weekend.
I followed the instructions of 6kg (down from
sugar and 21 liters water and 1 pack turbo yeast classic.I will follow the instructions when running it, http://www.stillspirits.com/webfiles/St ... sion_2.pdf
Stay tuned LOL
-

Andy - Senior Distiller

- Posts: 331
- Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 6:21 am
- Location: QLD
Turbo still 500
Hope it all works out andy, im really thinking of buying the turbo 500
but need to have a few reviews first. It looks like a beast!
BOR
but need to have a few reviews first. It looks like a beast!
BOR
-

Bottleofrum - Regular

- Posts: 91
- Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2009 2:28 am
- Location: UK
55 posts
• Page 1 of 4 • 1, 2, 3, 4
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest