Page 1 of 1

half filled smart still

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 6:59 pm
by luvsmebike
Hi everyone. great forum and learning a lot from you all.
the question I have is. I have just finished distilling a wash in
my smart still. I have still some wash leftover, but not enough
to fill the still to the 4litre mark. I have about 2 litres.
is it okay to distill with just the 2 litres.

many thanks
barry

Re: half filled smart still

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 7:11 pm
by billmcc
its ok as long as you don't let it run dry

Re: half filled smart still

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 7:52 pm
by luvsmebike
many thanks bill. and for replying super duper fast.

Re: half filled smart still

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 9:58 pm
by Icefever
Hi & welcome to the forum.... ;)

You can always add a liter of water....just to make sure. It makes no difference to the likker you have in the wash....you will only get out what's in there.