Hydrometer

The distillation process itself

Hydrometer

Postby Admiral Toad » Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:20 pm

Now that I'm doing stripping runs does anyone know where I can get hold of an alcohol hyrometer that is accurate in the lower percentages ? ???
AT
User avatar
Admiral Toad
Donated to StillSmart
Donated to StillSmart
 
Posts: 883
Joined: Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:27 pm
Location: The far North
Stills: pothead, BP column


Re: Hydrometer

Postby Capt-Cudellez » Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:37 pm

BTW I have a few narrow range meters - they are massive next compared to a standard alcometer, no way will it fit in a parrot.

Also if you are looking for an accurate way of determining when all the alcohol is depleted from the boiler - the cheapest way would be to put a thermo in the still head - run it till it reads 99oC.

Personally I don't bother- I use the standard 0-100 alcometer, when it reads 15% and the output taste like water then I quit stripping.
User avatar
Capt-Cudellez
Donated to StillSmart
Donated to StillSmart
 
Posts: 1139
Joined: Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:22 am
Location: Scotland
Stills: SS VM, Stripper, Pot

Re: Hydrometer

Postby Almanac » Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:14 am

What CC said! What else you want?

AM 8)
Almanac
Almanac
Senior Distiller
Senior Distiller
 
Posts: 1847
Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:09 am

Re: Hydrometer

Postby Admiral Toad » Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:50 am

Sorry just like gadgets. as it is doing what CC says so at 25 quid each I will 'Had me gob' , >:D ;D :D
AT
User avatar
Admiral Toad
Donated to StillSmart
Donated to StillSmart
 
Posts: 883
Joined: Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:27 pm
Location: The far North
Stills: pothead, BP column


Return to Distillation

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

User Menu

Login Form

Who is online

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 72 on Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:14 pm

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest