Page 1 of 1

Tate & Lyle

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 1:02 pm
by vino-tinto
Just been to Farmfoods to buy sugar @ 39p/Kg. It no longer states CANE SUGAR, just GRANULATED on the packets.

I've been on the T&L website and found this "We have an agreement with our suppliers that we will take only raw sugar extracted only from non-genetically modified cane".

So I assume it is stil Cane sugar not Beet.

Re: Tate & Lyle

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 1:34 pm
by Mash
I am not sure you can. How do you know Tate & Lyle filled the farm foods bags.

Sugar is cheap at the moment, so Farm foods et al are probably shopping around?

Re: Tate & Lyle

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 4:06 pm
by vino-tinto
Mash wrote:I am not sure you can. How do you know Tate & Lyle filled the farm foods bags.


Do you really think Tate & lyle would let someone else use their logo and by Royal Appointment badge on another brand.

Re: Tate & Lyle

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 7:14 pm
by Mash
That answers my question then.

I didn't know they did... You never mentioned that ;D

Re: Tate & Lyle

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:02 pm
by vino-tinto
Then why reply to a post you know nothing about

Re: Tate & Lyle

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:40 pm
by Curmudgeon
Only a few days ago vino-tinto gave me a piece of his mind because I was stupid enough to use the word filter when it should have been polish.

When did this turn into a junior version of the home distiller site?

So much for "The friendly home distillation site?"