Page 4 of 4

Re: S.L.O.W. lentils

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:56 pm
by Mash
hampk wrote: who knows, maybe leaving the lentils out is the answer ::) ::)


We are thinking along the same lines.

Funnily enough I think that there is no cost saving either way.
Tronozymol is £4.50 for 200g = 8 washes (@25l) = 50p
Lentils are £1 a bag = 2 washes (@25l) = 50p

I am most interested in the flavour. How neutral is this compared to a lentil wash & wheat wash (the latter already pips the former IMO)

Re: S.L.O.W. lentils

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 3:30 pm
by hampk
Mashy wrote:We are thinking along the same lines.

We are, and I've done a similar calculation. I've no time to trial a 'sugar wine' wash as if it proceeds like my lentils, I'll be in Italy by the time it completes. I shall start one as soon as I'm back, but I'd be really interested in the results if you do one sooner ;)

Cheers

Hampk

Re: S.L.O.W. lentils

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 3:36 pm
by Mash
see the new thread....

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=3581

the yeast is already fizzing :D