Page 1 of 1

Will my grain sink? If not, what next?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:16 pm
by The_blue
Hi all, I've got a bucket of wort fermenting for a whisky. I've fermented on the grain for the first time and expected the grain to sink... This is what I have after 48 hours..
Image

Is this normal? Will it sink? How do I take a reading of the liquid is underneath?

Very confused at the moment :l

Re: Will my grain sink? If not, what next?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:45 am
by Easydrinker
Give it time,it will sink.
Fish out a sample of liquid, without floaty bits, for a reading.

Robert.

Re: Will my grain sink? If not, what next?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:37 am
by Mash
Push it down into the brew twice a day.

This will make sure it gives max flavour. It also stops wild yeast starting anything funky.

It is a combination of wheat floating and trapped co2 holding it up.

Re: Will my grain sink? If not, what next?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:14 am
by The_blue
Thanks :)