Aging whisky on grains
2 posts
• Page 1 of 1
Aging whisky on grains
So as I'm yet to build my pot head, 5weeks ago I put some sugar neutral on SD dominoes. I got a trial pack of French and amaerican oak.
I'm very impressed with the results after 4 weeks on wood and 1 week airing. However, they are missing something and I presume it the lack of grains.
My question is, if I through some crushed grains into the mason jars, do you think it will empathy some of the missing flavour? If so what grains? I was thinking dark crystal.
Thanks
Diverch
Ps I'm already planning my first whisky mash for next week! Advice there would also be welcome.
I'm very impressed with the results after 4 weeks on wood and 1 week airing. However, they are missing something and I presume it the lack of grains.
My question is, if I through some crushed grains into the mason jars, do you think it will empathy some of the missing flavour? If so what grains? I was thinking dark crystal.
Thanks
Diverch
Ps I'm already planning my first whisky mash for next week! Advice there would also be welcome.
-

Diverch - Regular

- Posts: 51
- Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2016 12:00 pm
Re: Aging whisky on grains
email still_smart@yahoo.com and stay in touch. More details viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4947
-

Mash - Master Distiller

- Posts: 4594
- Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:42 pm
- Location: Right here.
- Stills: SSSS
2 posts
• Page 1 of 1
Return to Aging and Flavouring
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest