Page 1 of 1

Foreshots

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:34 pm
by Thunderbird
A quick question. Does it matter or make a difference as to when you remove the first 150ml foreshots? Can I just remove them during the stripping run so I can concentrate on making cuts during the spirit run or should I leave it til the spirit run?

Re: Foreshots

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:56 pm
by Mash
Typically stripping is just stripping. The purpose of this run is to reduce the bulk of the water and make the next stage more accurate. So you do your cuts in the spirit run.

Same thinking as to why many people have two heads [with a 500] one for stripping and the reflux column for cleanliness & accuracy during the spirit run.

Re: Foreshots

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:47 pm
by gaza the instructor
I dont have two heads Mash, but have a reflux column
and an Alembic. ;D
My wife does not either but difficult to understand
how a woman can be that ugly with just one head ;D

Re: Foreshots

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:28 pm
by Brewhunter
gaza the instructor wrote:I dont have two heads Mash, but have a reflux column
and an Alembic. ;D
My wife does not either but difficult to understand
how a woman can be that ugly with just one head ;D


lol I will be using that insult at work in the next couple of days

Re: Foreshots

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:32 pm
by Thunderbird
Thanks Mash

Re: Foreshots

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:29 am
by Easydrinker
Thunderbird, I suspect that you could make a larger cut on the strip and lose any "Fores".
Myles is currently active, and knows much more than myself.
I still debate with myself the use of a separate Fores and Heads cut on sprit washes, especially with innocuous sugar washes.

Gaza,how does your wife tolerate you? :)


Robert.

Re: Foreshots

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:36 am
by Mash
gaza the instructor wrote:

My wife does not either but difficult to understand
how a woman can be that ugly with just one head ;D


LMAO. Nice one that was brightened my day

Re: Foreshots

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:33 pm
by Easydrinker
Benny Hill and the Wheel Tappers and Shunters Club ride again.
So sad. :(

Robert.

Re: Foreshots

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 1:48 am
by RumJohn
I dump the first bit off on both strip and spirit runs. If for no other reason than clearing her throat.

Re: Foreshots

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:02 pm
by Easydrinker
I had to come back to this to grasp the colloquialism.
Makes perfect sense now.

Robert.