Special offers, sales and bargains
Re: What I Did Today
Costco 5kg Tate & lyle suger £2.49 also Morrisons Allison's yeasts 125g ( yellow gin ) 64 pence.
-

Robbo12 - Experienced Distiller

- Posts: 228
- Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2017 7:51 pm
- Location: North West England
- Stills: T500/ Airstill
Re: Special offers, sales and bargains
The forum police are moving stuff about.
Going off topic is one thing, not bothering to post it in the correct topic is another.
No names, No pack drill.
Robert.
Going off topic is one thing, not bothering to post it in the correct topic is another.
No names, No pack drill.
Robert.
There is no ONE way.
-

Easydrinker - Donated to StillSmart

- Posts: 5206
- Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:09 pm
- Location: The hills of lowland Scotland
- Stills: Smart & Silly
Re: Special offers, sales and bargains
Sugar costs are on the way up again.
Morrison's 2Kg bags were up to £1.10 last week.
Lidl's 1Kg bags up to 64p today.
And my sugar shack is almost empty
Robert.
Morrison's 2Kg bags were up to £1.10 last week.
Lidl's 1Kg bags up to 64p today.
And my sugar shack is almost empty
Robert.
There is no ONE way.
-

Easydrinker - Donated to StillSmart

- Posts: 5206
- Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:09 pm
- Location: The hills of lowland Scotland
- Stills: Smart & Silly
Re: Special offers, sales and bargains
I too noticed this steep increase.
The cheapest by far that I have been able to find is:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/p/Tate-Lyle-Gran ... 1323158766
Just under 50p per Kilo and free delivery.
I have ordered 40k.
The cheapest by far that I have been able to find is:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/p/Tate-Lyle-Gran ... 1323158766
Just under 50p per Kilo and free delivery.
I have ordered 40k.
T
-

Toper - Senior Distiller

- Posts: 372
- Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:25 am
- Location: West Yorkshire.
- Stills: Copper Pot Still
Re: Special offers, sales and bargains
Good find Toper might have some myself.
Rather have a full bottle in front of me
than a full frontal lobotomy
than a full frontal lobotomy
-

gaza the instructor - Master Distiller

- Posts: 1595
- Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2016 10:02 pm
- Location: sunny surrey
- Stills: s.s&t500 copper
Re: Special offers, sales and bargains
sorry, the link shows me sugar at around £1 or £2 a Kg, no matter the heading/title , or where I click in the link.
I'll try in the morning, when less influenced
Robert.
I'll try in the morning, when less influenced
Robert.
There is no ONE way.
-

Easydrinker - Donated to StillSmart

- Posts: 5206
- Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:09 pm
- Location: The hills of lowland Scotland
- Stills: Smart & Silly
Re: Special offers, sales and bargains
Good find. Adds up for me. Ordered some.
email still_smart@yahoo.com and stay in touch. More details viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4947
-

Mash - Master Distiller

- Posts: 4594
- Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:42 pm
- Location: Right here.
- Stills: SSSS
Re: Special offers, sales and bargains
I am now uncertain about this.
I took the headline statement which offers 4x5kg (20kg) for £9.89 and free postage.

The price of £1.98 per kg appears to be based on the price per 5kg bag!
I ticked to order quantity 2, and paid £19.78. I assumed I had ordered two lots of 4 x 5kg.
It is now on its way but I have no idea what is coming now.
I took the headline statement which offers 4x5kg (20kg) for £9.89 and free postage.
The price of £1.98 per kg appears to be based on the price per 5kg bag!
I ticked to order quantity 2, and paid £19.78. I assumed I had ordered two lots of 4 x 5kg.
It is now on its way but I have no idea what is coming now.
T
-

Toper - Senior Distiller

- Posts: 372
- Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:25 am
- Location: West Yorkshire.
- Stills: Copper Pot Still
Re: Special offers, sales and bargains
The sugar has now arrived. 2 x 5kg bags only, not 2 x 4 x 5kg bags.
The dearest sugar I have ever bought!
Carriage on returns has to be paid for by the purchaser.
I will be complaining about the (calculated?) misleading wording of the advert, meanwhile my apologies to any who followed this.
A clear case of caveat emptor
The dearest sugar I have ever bought!
Carriage on returns has to be paid for by the purchaser.
I will be complaining about the (calculated?) misleading wording of the advert, meanwhile my apologies to any who followed this.
A clear case of caveat emptor
T
-

Toper - Senior Distiller

- Posts: 372
- Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:25 am
- Location: West Yorkshire.
- Stills: Copper Pot Still
Re: Special offers, sales and bargains
WOW. I read it the same as you. 4 of 5kg bags.
I have by the grace of the internet mis-connect god, not quite pressed the button. I JUST READ THIS ON MY WAY TO DO IT. The link didn't open properly on my phone and have just sat down on at my PC.
I will message them as a perspective buyer..
I have by the grace of the internet mis-connect god, not quite pressed the button. I JUST READ THIS ON MY WAY TO DO IT. The link didn't open properly on my phone and have just sat down on at my PC.
I will message them as a perspective buyer..
Last edited by Mash on Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
email still_smart@yahoo.com and stay in touch. More details viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4947
-

Mash - Master Distiller

- Posts: 4594
- Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:42 pm
- Location: Right here.
- Stills: SSSS
Re: Special offers, sales and bargains
ebay recently refunded me on some weedkiller that proved to be a scam. Which begs the question - how cheap is too cheap?
email still_smart@yahoo.com and stay in touch. More details viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4947
-

Mash - Master Distiller

- Posts: 4594
- Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:42 pm
- Location: Right here.
- Stills: SSSS
Re: Special offers, sales and bargains
Toper wrote:The sugar has now arrived. 2 x 5kg bags only, not 2 x 4 x 5kg bags.
The dearest sugar I have ever bought!
Carriage on returns has to be paid for by the purchaser.
I will be complaining about the (calculated?) misleading wording of the advert, meanwhile my apologies to any who followed this.
A clear case of caveat emptor
SURLY THAT IS A MIS-PICK - the packer has not done the maths. I blame minimum wage!!
I have asked how they will ship the 4 bags ---lets see.
email still_smart@yahoo.com and stay in touch. More details viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4947
-

Mash - Master Distiller

- Posts: 4594
- Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:42 pm
- Location: Right here.
- Stills: SSSS
Re: Special offers, sales and bargains
Having pondered on this, I think they might well claim that they clearly (in somewhat smaller type) indicated the actual price per kilo.
The expression '20kg 4 x 5kg' being the maximum you can buy at that price.
I now have 2 x 5kg bags for which I paid £19.78!
ED had his wits about him when he read it.
The expression '20kg 4 x 5kg' being the maximum you can buy at that price.
I now have 2 x 5kg bags for which I paid £19.78!
ED had his wits about him when he read it.
T
-

Toper - Senior Distiller

- Posts: 372
- Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:25 am
- Location: West Yorkshire.
- Stills: Copper Pot Still
Re: Special offers, sales and bargains
Ed. yeah don't you just hate it when that happens
D ...and under the influence...damn 
Raise the complain with them (not eBay) and I would listen to what they propose. They will probably compromise/compensate you. They clearly solve problems 'cos they have a 100% feedback - which isn't easy given nearly 3000 items sold.
I have heard nothing yet.
D ...and under the influence...damn 
Raise the complain with them (not eBay) and I would listen to what they propose. They will probably compromise/compensate you. They clearly solve problems 'cos they have a 100% feedback - which isn't easy given nearly 3000 items sold.
I have heard nothing yet.
email still_smart@yahoo.com and stay in touch. More details viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4947
-

Mash - Master Distiller

- Posts: 4594
- Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:42 pm
- Location: Right here.
- Stills: SSSS
Re: Special offers, sales and bargains
I have emailed you..
email still_smart@yahoo.com and stay in touch. More details viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4947
-

Mash - Master Distiller

- Posts: 4594
- Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:42 pm
- Location: Right here.
- Stills: SSSS
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest