Page 1 of 1

Cornflake whiskey

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:12 pm
by Robbo12
Hi I've managed to get hold of 6x350g boxes of Kellogg's cornflakes for 10p a box now i want to do a run of them now my question is i have a t500 when i do a stripping run do i unpack the column i think if i leave it packed would it strip the flavour? .thanks

Re: Cornflake whiskey

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:29 pm
by Easydrinker
You have it correct, a T500 will strip any flavour from a strip or spirit run with a packed column.
Some use a separate head when running anything other than neutral.

Maybe it is time to clean the innards of your column anyway?... :)

Robert.

Re: Cornflake whiskey

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:55 pm
by Robbo12
I will use it as a pot still strip it run it then clean it and put it back together for a neutral run after I've ran the corn whiskey.

Re: Cornflake whiskey

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:17 pm
by Easydrinker
Way to go for what you want.

Robert.

Re: Cornflake whiskey

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:57 pm
by Maker
I think you have missed the main question that needs answering.... Where the hell did you get Kelloggs cornflakes at 10p a box, I paid 80p a box for Aldi flakes.
One of my kids will need to do an extra shift in the workhouse to make up for my frivolous ways, if I would have taken your lead we would be eating faggots for dinner one day this week, sadly it will be gruel as usual.

Re: Cornflake whiskey

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:09 pm
by Robbo12
Haha I'm a member of a food surplus shop they sell things very cheap if you want i could get a box of 20 for £2 if you want them ?

Re: Cornflake whiskey

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:36 pm
by Easydrinker
I suspect that the postage costs make that a poor proposition. ;)
Chin up, I am sure faggots will be on your menu soon.
You can ferment gruel

noun: gruel

a thin liquid food of oatmeal or other meal boiled in milk or water.


It would be brave man that tried to ferment faggots! :D

Robert.

Re: Cornflake whiskey

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:32 pm
by gaza the instructor
That will confuse the American guests ED ;D

Re: Cornflake whiskey

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:04 am
by Goog
gaza the instructor wrote:That will confuse the American guests ED ;D

And the Aussie ones :)

Re: Cornflake whiskey

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:46 pm
by Maker
This,
Image

Rather than this,
Image

Thats cleared that up nicely.