Stuck ferment?
Hi guysh.
I'm following a wash after reading Aiden and Al's posts regarding EC118.
I prepared as follows.
----------------------
21 litres of water @ 35c mixing well to get some oxygen in
Added 7kg Sugar and mixed to dissolve.
5 tsp Tronomyzol
1/2 tsp epsom salts
Starter
200ml water @ 35c
25 grams sugar
mix to dissolve
add 3 EC118, stir gently.
Left for 15 mins then pitched into fermenter, with another gently stir.
Sealed with lid, airlock and Electrim 75 immersion heater.
--------------------------
It bubbled away nicely for a few days.
SG was 1.12 on 05/01/2012
Then 1.068 on 14/01/2012
Then 1.062 on 22/01.2012
and then today(28/01/2012) the reading is still 1.062.
The ABV should now be about 7.6%.
I gave it a good stir on the 14th. Should I do anything else or just give it another stir?
Cheers,
Moz.
:EDIT: missed out a couple of ingredients.
I'm following a wash after reading Aiden and Al's posts regarding EC118.
I prepared as follows.
----------------------
21 litres of water @ 35c mixing well to get some oxygen in
Added 7kg Sugar and mixed to dissolve.
5 tsp Tronomyzol
1/2 tsp epsom salts
Starter
200ml water @ 35c
25 grams sugar
mix to dissolve
add 3 EC118, stir gently.
Left for 15 mins then pitched into fermenter, with another gently stir.
Sealed with lid, airlock and Electrim 75 immersion heater.
--------------------------
It bubbled away nicely for a few days.
SG was 1.12 on 05/01/2012
Then 1.068 on 14/01/2012
Then 1.062 on 22/01.2012
and then today(28/01/2012) the reading is still 1.062.
The ABV should now be about 7.6%.
I gave it a good stir on the 14th. Should I do anything else or just give it another stir?
Cheers,
Moz.
:EDIT: missed out a couple of ingredients.