To all prospective new members.....
32 posts
• Page 1 of 3 • 1, 2, 3
To all prospective new members.....
Hello and my apologies.
It has only just come to my attention that it is not currently possible to join this site due to a glitch on the security question at the end of the registration form.
I was wondering where you all were!
I cannot fix this, it is a problem caused by a third party security program, to which I have no access.
I have informed the site owner and sometime soon he will pop by, with two Magnums a'blazing.
How long can you hold your breath?
Is this gene pool closed?
In the meanwhile you will have to make do with reading the stuff that others have posted, TBH, an awful lot of that is worth reading.
Here's looking forward to normal service being resumed.
Robert.
It has only just come to my attention that it is not currently possible to join this site due to a glitch on the security question at the end of the registration form.
I was wondering where you all were!
I cannot fix this, it is a problem caused by a third party security program, to which I have no access.
I have informed the site owner and sometime soon he will pop by, with two Magnums a'blazing.
How long can you hold your breath?
Is this gene pool closed?
In the meanwhile you will have to make do with reading the stuff that others have posted, TBH, an awful lot of that is worth reading.
Here's looking forward to normal service being resumed.
Robert.
There is no ONE way.
-

Easydrinker - Donated to StillSmart

- Posts: 5206
- Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:09 pm
- Location: The hills of lowland Scotland
- Stills: Smart & Silly
Re: To all prospective new members.....
This happened to me. I sent email to site admin informing them. However, even though there was a glitch it did register me...............
-

Mickrick - Regular

- Posts: 41
- Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:00 pm
- Location: NorthWest
- Stills: AirStill
Re: To all prospective new members.....
Its seems to be properly kerfukKertated now. I have spent some time 'messing' - no go.
If you see 'ItsJonny' username it has worked! but I don't think so.
If you see 'ItsJonny' username it has worked! but I don't think so.
email still_smart@yahoo.com and stay in touch. More details viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4947
-

Mash - Master Distiller

- Posts: 4594
- Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:42 pm
- Location: Right here.
- Stills: SSSS
Re: To all prospective new members.....
This is about the third time there's been a problem but they used to get fixed in a day or so.
As email,text,pm,snail mail has had no effect from Jimmy I'm thinking the worst, it's seems to me that for what ever the reasons Jimmy is not or has not been around for some time.
There is a backup site for those interested in keeping it all together. There's been a suggestion that an email list of those members that want to, they add their email and we'll migrate over to the backup site??
It's all down to you guys now.
As email,text,pm,snail mail has had no effect from Jimmy I'm thinking the worst, it's seems to me that for what ever the reasons Jimmy is not or has not been around for some time.
There is a backup site for those interested in keeping it all together. There's been a suggestion that an email list of those members that want to, they add their email and we'll migrate over to the backup site??
It's all down to you guys now.
I tried to be normal once, worst two minutes of my life.
Of all the beautiful things in the world, only man can invent boredom
Of all the beautiful things in the world, only man can invent boredom
-

Icefever - Donated to StillSmart

- Posts: 2407
- Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:42 am
- Location: Kingdom of Mercia
Re: To all prospective new members.....
I'd hope Jimmy still has some interest, seems the easy/smart move would be to pop the keys in Easydrinkers shirt pocket, give him a couple of slaps on his bottom and tell him to 'Take the reins son'.
Peoples interests change and time passes.
Peoples interests change and time passes.
-

Maker - Experienced Distiller

- Posts: 176
- Joined: Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:03 am
- Stills: KEG
Re: To all prospective new members.....
@ Maker, LOL, bigtime.
@ Icefever, should you wish to post a link to this other site, I will leave it untouched.
I merely suggest that you take note of the number of "guests" that visit this site daily, despite it's current necrosis.
As Gandalf said, "keep it safe and keep it secret!"
"Guests" don't tend to visit sites that they don't know exist.
Maybe you could review members of this site and invite a few more?
That doesn't help newbies or the rozzers.
Life is shit sometimes.
Please put the thoughts of Mrs. Icefever into your action, Just sayin'
Robert.
@ Icefever, should you wish to post a link to this other site, I will leave it untouched.
I merely suggest that you take note of the number of "guests" that visit this site daily, despite it's current necrosis.
As Gandalf said, "keep it safe and keep it secret!"
"Guests" don't tend to visit sites that they don't know exist.
Maybe you could review members of this site and invite a few more?
That doesn't help newbies or the rozzers.
Life is shit sometimes.
Please put the thoughts of Mrs. Icefever into your action, Just sayin'
Robert.
There is no ONE way.
-

Easydrinker - Donated to StillSmart

- Posts: 5206
- Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:09 pm
- Location: The hills of lowland Scotland
- Stills: Smart & Silly
Re: To all prospective new members.....
I dont know much about the service provider side of the net. If contacted the service provider might be able to sort things out, or at least contact Jimmy as they will have access to his email address.
Pat
Pat
-

Pyro - Experienced Distiller

- Posts: 216
- Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:15 pm
- Location: Galloway Hills Scotland
- Stills: Twin Airstills,
Re: To all prospective new members.....
This is the issue.
This is not an admin "task". It requires a component to be upgraded.
The "register as a user " is temporarily stuck because the bit that validates if you are a person not a robot. This is out of date and needs replacing with a newer version.
So the site as we know it (for members) is operating normally. We just can't get accept new members.
I am sure there are a few of us that would help if Jimmy needs it. He can certainly contact me.
In the meantime we could setup a list of email addresses if people want to be contacted if it all goes dark.
DO NOT POST 'EM HERE. Let's discuss it first and do it in a controlled and secure manner.
@Robert, do you have any "email newsletter" tools in the admin section?
This is not an admin "task". It requires a component to be upgraded.
The "register as a user " is temporarily stuck because the bit that validates if you are a person not a robot. This is out of date and needs replacing with a newer version.
So the site as we know it (for members) is operating normally. We just can't get accept new members.
I am sure there are a few of us that would help if Jimmy needs it. He can certainly contact me.
In the meantime we could setup a list of email addresses if people want to be contacted if it all goes dark.
DO NOT POST 'EM HERE. Let's discuss it first and do it in a controlled and secure manner.
@Robert, do you have any "email newsletter" tools in the admin section?
email still_smart@yahoo.com and stay in touch. More details viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4947
-

Mash - Master Distiller

- Posts: 4594
- Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:42 pm
- Location: Right here.
- Stills: SSSS
Re: To all prospective new members.....
What if someone setup a page ie..Facebook....from here ...post the link on here....which we log on to. I think it can be closed to everyone other than the guys on here...you must use the link.
That way all it is, is a FB page if it goes tits up those that want to can follow on via that page tp which ever site.
I think it would be safe, a lot safer than an open site.
That way all it is, is a FB page if it goes tits up those that want to can follow on via that page tp which ever site.
I think it would be safe, a lot safer than an open site.
I tried to be normal once, worst two minutes of my life.
Of all the beautiful things in the world, only man can invent boredom
Of all the beautiful things in the world, only man can invent boredom
-

Icefever - Donated to StillSmart

- Posts: 2407
- Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:42 am
- Location: Kingdom of Mercia
Re: To all prospective new members.....
Easydrinker wrote:
@ Icefever,
As Gandalf said, "keep it safe and keep it secret!"
"Guests" don't tend to visit sites that they don't know exist.
Maybe you could review members of this site and invite a few more?
That doesn't help newbies or the rozzers.
Life is shit sometimes.
Please put the thoughts of Mrs. Icefever into your action, Just sayin'![]()
Robert.
Cheers mate,
it is difficult to choose which way to go, I don't want any site to die as we have little enough UK sites for this hobby of ours. May I ask you guys out there for some input, do you want a site that is there for us? I know I tend to use it on more of a social site, answer Q's when I think my bit is needed.....so it's all down to the members who use the site regularly, shout out what you want...ideas? Any thing?
I tried to be normal once, worst two minutes of my life.
Of all the beautiful things in the world, only man can invent boredom
Of all the beautiful things in the world, only man can invent boredom
-

Icefever - Donated to StillSmart

- Posts: 2407
- Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:42 am
- Location: Kingdom of Mercia
Re: To all prospective new members.....
@ Mash, and any others.
The only real admin tool available to Mods here is the ability to ban members and delete or move posts.
If I could I would do more.
Pat, I know Jimmy's home address, and have tried all methods of contact, to no avail.
Robert.
The only real admin tool available to Mods here is the ability to ban members and delete or move posts.
If I could I would do more.
Pat, I know Jimmy's home address, and have tried all methods of contact, to no avail.
Robert.
There is no ONE way.
-

Easydrinker - Donated to StillSmart

- Posts: 5206
- Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:09 pm
- Location: The hills of lowland Scotland
- Stills: Smart & Silly
Re: To all prospective new members.....
I think he's on holiday.
Let's not panic.
FB. Really... Can't bring myself to type the full name let alone log in.
Let's not panic.
FB. Really... Can't bring myself to type the full name let alone log in.
email still_smart@yahoo.com and stay in touch. More details viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4947
-

Mash - Master Distiller

- Posts: 4594
- Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:42 pm
- Location: Right here.
- Stills: SSSS
Re: To all prospective new members.....
Thanks Robert, you seem to have covered all the points that I was going to ask.
Is it worth trying a snail mail contact or if you know someone who lives in the same area, ask them to give him a knock.
Failing every thing we can then look at last resort options.
Is it worth trying a snail mail contact or if you know someone who lives in the same area, ask them to give him a knock.
Failing every thing we can then look at last resort options.
-

Pyro - Experienced Distiller

- Posts: 216
- Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:15 pm
- Location: Galloway Hills Scotland
- Stills: Twin Airstills,
Re: To all prospective new members.....
Just to be clear.
The site is not down. There is no issues for registered users.
The website name (and probably the hosting too) is secure for the next 2 years.
Robert is not getting a holiday anytime soon
There is an issue for new users. A component needs updating
AS A WORKAROUND.
I have setup still_smart@yahoo.com
If you are a new user, drop a line and we will contact you when the problem is fixed.
ED. happy to share the password.
The site is not down. There is no issues for registered users.
The website name (and probably the hosting too) is secure for the next 2 years.
Robert is not getting a holiday anytime soon
There is an issue for new users. A component needs updating
AS A WORKAROUND.
I have setup still_smart@yahoo.com
If you are a new user, drop a line and we will contact you when the problem is fixed.
ED. happy to share the password.
email still_smart@yahoo.com and stay in touch. More details viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4947
-

Mash - Master Distiller

- Posts: 4594
- Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:42 pm
- Location: Right here.
- Stills: SSSS
Re: To all prospective new members.....
I have no insights into whatever updates might be required, but would be loath to see the collapse of a site which, for me, has been a source of help and encouragement, as well as amusement, for a number of years.
T
-

Toper - Senior Distiller

- Posts: 372
- Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:25 am
- Location: West Yorkshire.
- Stills: Copper Pot Still
32 posts
• Page 1 of 3 • 1, 2, 3
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest