Page 1 of 2
Coors light

Posted:
Sat May 12, 2018 10:55 pm
by Maker
I have been given a keg of Coors light, It's out of date by a year but still sealed, I don't intend to drink the woefull shite as is but would like some input on where to go with it, strip it for neutral or make a spirit from it?
I have some toasted oak and a spare demijohn, is this one to put away and forget about or a waste of time?
Re: Coors light

Posted:
Sat May 12, 2018 11:03 pm
by Leatherman
I would give it a try
Re: Coors light

Posted:
Sun May 13, 2018 12:22 am
by RumJohn
@Maker:- Do the math. It is a weak beer. Not worth your time and money. Chuck it out.
Re: Coors light

Posted:
Sun May 13, 2018 5:07 am
by Mash
Like RJ says. There will not be a high yield from a lighter beer. What is the %?
Re: Coors light

Posted:
Sun May 13, 2018 5:48 am
by Pyro
Is this worth a try
Put it in a bin with some bags of sugar and yeast. I have herd tell that the chaps out in Saudi do something similar with alcohol free beer.
Re: Coors light

Posted:
Sun May 13, 2018 10:51 am
by Maker
It's 4%....
Re: Coors light

Posted:
Sun May 13, 2018 3:54 pm
by H12rpo
Getting it out will be fun!
Re: Coors light

Posted:
Sun May 13, 2018 10:20 pm
by Easydrinker
The keg itself is probably where the money is on this one; if you can use it.
Just sayin'.
Robert.
Re: Coors light

Posted:
Mon May 14, 2018 6:53 am
by Icefever
+1...you have your keg convert it to a boiler...one word of warning..(you may know this).. go to Youtube and look for taking the spear out of a keg, you have to be very careful...my 2c cents.
Re: Coors light

Posted:
Wed May 16, 2018 8:00 pm
by H12rpo
I’m looking forward to the video of the op trying to get the beer out
Re: Coors light

Posted:
Wed May 16, 2018 10:02 pm
by Maker
I have bought a keg connection so should be easy, I regret buying now as the beer sounds like it is of no use and I could have just got the wife to drill a hole in the top.
Re: Coors light

Posted:
Wed May 16, 2018 11:20 pm
by Easydrinker
I take it you don't like the woman?
I must be missing some dark humour here...
Robert.
Re: Coors light

Posted:
Fri May 18, 2018 12:15 am
by Maker
If you ever meet her you can make your own mind up, if I get a chance to tether her to your fence and drive off without her you can deal with it, she is pretty bloody sharp, although she is pretty good at catching crayfish so there is a silver lining of sorts.
Re: Coors light

Posted:
Fri May 18, 2018 6:41 am
by Mash
Lmao.
Re: Coors light

Posted:
Mon May 21, 2018 8:18 pm
by H12rpo
If she washes regularly, I’d probably take her on if only for the crayfish skills
